7: Painful Revelations

Adrian

Finally, we were at Alyssa's Starbucks. Normally, I would have gotten myself something to eat and drink, but drinks and food were the last thing on my mind; and not just because I was injured by the shards of glass and because half of my body was sore from having gotten blasted against another car.

I really wanted to know what Ana Leticia knew, how much she knew, and what else she was not telling me. But most importantly, why she defended a monster. I was also curious to know if Kaan had any knowledge of this too.

"Ok, so we're in a safe location. It's not crowded, which means no one will hear our convo! So start talking, I'm all ears!"

She didn't say anything for a long time, which was making me seriously impatient. She sighed, looked at her hands for a brief moment, and then she turned her attention to me.

"I know you're the Saif Warrior!"

"What?!" she shocked me further. "How?!"

"I've known for a while. Your brother told me."

"When exactly did he have a moment to even tell you?!"

"Two years ago. It was after you jumped into that time ripple that took you to the past, days before the Legendary War. You were just gone, and he contacted me to try and figure out what else could be done to locate you, but I was unable to help."

"He never told me."

"It's obvious, as you clearly never knew that I knew about you guys being Power Rangers."

"And does Kaan know anything about this?"

"Yes, he is also a Power Ranger. A warrior from a long line of Ottoman Warriors."

I could not believe this. Kaan was also a ranger and I never knew, much less that she knew me, my parents, and brother were also power rangers.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew all along? And why didn't Kaan ever tell me anything?!" I tried keeping my cool, but my blood was boiling with anger. "And are you also a ranger?"

"No, I'm not, but I have a lot of knowledge about them, and I also know how to make potions. Something your mom taught me" she smiled, but when I didn't return the smile, it faded from her face. "But the reason we didn't tell you, was because you were in a bad place when you came to Istanbul. You were having really rough nightmares, you were depressed, and often times you didn't even eat or get out of bed. We just didn't think that it was prudent to tell you."

"Ok, so maybe not immediately because of what you just mentioned, because I was a hot mess for a long time after I arrived. But still, why did you two lie to me for two years?" I looked at her angrily. "You should have told me after the dust settled, after I was done being a basket case."

"We didn't lie to you. We just omitted it."

"Still, you should have told me."

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever!" I sighed loudly. "Now, switching to a different subject, since we're talking ranger business all of a sudden...why were you not surprised by Evren when you saw him? And how is it that he recognized you, yet he didn't actually call you by your actual name...but called you Fatimah?"

"That I don't know. But what I will say is that I've known about him for quite some time now. I researched his history after he was released by Darkonda."

"How did you find out about him?"

"Kaan told me."

"And what were you able to find on him?"