10: Valhalley of the Dolls (Part III)

Evren's POV:

Evren walked over to where Adrian was lying unconscious. He saw the boy from afar, defenseless and with no one to protect him. He continued walking over to him, then stood over him, noticing how badly injured he was.

He knew he could easily kill him, take his life away without so much as even trying. He was even holding a really sharp blade; one that he could use to cut his flesh and bleed the life out of him. As much as the evil that was brewing inside of him wanted to, he could not bring himself to kill an innocent and defenseless boy, who would not have a chance to even defend himself from him. Still, that wasn't the only reason why he could not bring himself to harm him.

The simple reason why he could not kill him, was because of the fact that they shared the same blood, and that he was a part of him. He did not know what the boy could be for him, whether his very great-great-great-great-grandson, or just a very distant cousin. Either way, he loved the boy and could not do the unthinkable. He picked him up, and held him close. He took him by a river, and lied him down over the green grass where he would be more comfortable. He was still unconscious, but he knew that it would only be a matter of time before he woke up.

He grabbed a piece of cloth and wet it with some of the river's water. He gently cleaned the boy's wounds, then applied a salve ointment over the cut in his forehead just above his right brow. He also went to tend to his injured knee, which was probably the worst wound of all the ones he had. It was still bleeding, but not nearly as badly as it clearly had been earlier before finding him.

After cleaning the wound up and wrapped it to make sure it did not get infected, he stood over him and watched him. The affection he felt for him was warring against the evil that was trying to overtake him. He reminded him so much of his younger brother, who was the splitting image of him. He had been killed in him front of him centuries earlier when he was still just seventeen years old. He was willing to do anything to bring him back, and he did, but at a high price.

"Adrian!" Evren heard someone yelling out the boy's name. "Adrian!"

He knew he had to leave before he was caught, before anyone saw him, as this island was full of nothing but fallen warriors who had been given a second chance at defending the world from evil.

Adrian's POV:

I tried opening my eyes. My head was hurting badly, as was my knee, which was bandaged up. I rose up, but every movement I made, was a painful one. I tried taking some deep breaths to try and somehow make the pain dissipate. I then looked at my surroundings, while at the same time trying not to think so much of the pain I was feeling because of the injuries I sustained in battle. I was beginning to wonder what had happened with Leiysa, Kaan, and Ana Leticia.

The more I studied my surroundings, the more I realized I was in a shack. Everything was neatly organized. It was done in a certain way where I could almost recognize it; where it almost seemed like whoever it was that lived here, was well disciplined. For a moment, it almost seemed as if maybe it was Troy who had fixed this place up, as he was always very organized in everything he did. And he was the only person that came to mind, who would actually take the time to organize anything, the way it was here.

I suddenly realized I was dressed in my black shorts and green tank top I had before I put on the Valkyrie pendant. I looked to see if it was still on my neck, but it wasn't, which explained why I was in my normal clothes.

Kevin suddenly walked in, which totally and completely caught me by surprise. I did the most ridiculous thing anyone could do, wiping my eyes to clear my vision. I did not know if I was seeing Kevin, or if it was me going completely crazy. Maybe it was that nasty hit I took to the head that probably had me going crazy now.