14: Stranded

Adrian

Both Evren and I walked with the guards, who were pushing us to walk faster. From outside, the grandiosity was evident, but I couldn't help but notice how much more grandiose this place was from inside. The floors were made of what looked to be the finest marble one would kill to have. We then walked right into the lobby area, where there were several polls lined up all around, and there was also a beyond fancy chandelier on the ceiling with several crystals dangling in midair.

There were also large flower pots on several corners, as well as by the windows. Staring out, it was pitch dark. Then guards ordered us with a brute tone to enter into what seemed to be like a legal court room of sorts. It definitely wasn't the one we had practically destroyed when we rescued Kaan, Ana Leticia, and Leiysa, as this one was completely together.

The guards had us sit down, and then watched as the queen herself walked in with two bodyguards. She looked at us for a long time. She didn't seem angry, but she also didn't seem happy, which was a really big contrast to how she had been the last time I saw her when she had us locked up.

"The both of you..." she looked directly at us. "Stand up!"

"Stand up!" ordered one of the guards when we hesitated.

We both stood up, wondering what sentence she was going to carry out on us. If she was going to sentence us to be locked for who knows how many years, or worse, order us to be executed, I would not hesitate to morph and find some way to get ourselves out of this situation that I was seriously desperate to get out of.

"I've reviewed both your cases, and after a careful and thorough examination of the facts and what was at stake here, I've decided that the both of you are free to go back home!"

Wait, what? Did I hear correctly? Did she pardon us?

"Wait, what?" I questioned, surprised, as again I could not understand what was going on here.

"I got the testimony of a material witness who shared your reasons for being here in this island. I understand that Evren here, was turned evil against his will a few hundred years ago, and was awakened from slumber by the creature known as Darkonda. However, he's been returned to the side of good, and it was because Leiysa saved him by giving you the potion that would ultimately heal him" she said.

"And who is this witness?" I asked, practically demanding, because I could not figure out who it could have been.

"Unfortunately, I cannot answer that. All I can say, is that it's someone who is very close to you, and who cares a great deal for you" she now looked at me seriously.

"Ok, that's a little too..." I began.

"Look! I know you have a lot of questions, and that you're anxious to know who this could be and how this person influenced my verdict. But I cannot answer any of your questions, which means that you'll have to find them somewhere else, or you'll just have to accept that you may never know who I am talking about!" she cruelly said.

"Your highness!" Evren stepped in. "I understand that you're probably under a lot of pressure, but you also do not have to be cruel to this boy who's suffered because of me. I'm the reason behind a lot of the bad things that have happened to him, because of the evil that overtook me against my will."

Freyja sighed, looking like maybe she regretted how she spoke to me. "I'm sorry for how I reacted. I know I was cold and unreasonable, but it's not because I don't want to tell you. It is because this witness wishes to not be revealed. I have no choice but to honor and respect his decision."

So it was a he then, but who was he?

"So what do we do now?" I nervously asked.

"Now, you both go home. I will give you both a special crystal that will open a portal for you both. Once you enter, the crystal will disappear and you'll no longer have access back to this island."