8: Valhalley of the Dolls (Part I)

Adrian

Lying down so I could relax my frazzled nerves, was not helping much. Learning about Evren being my ancestor – well in reality, my entire family's ancestor – had me in a mental loop that kept making my mind think of him. Every time I tried shifting my thoughts to something else that did not involve that subject, I ended up back where I started. It was not only annoying, but seriously upsetting.

I confronted my mom and dad about it, and they too admitted that for the last two years since I left home, they knew about him part of our bloodline. Even my mom warned me to not harm him, as she too supported the apparent fact that he used to be a good warrior. She too wanted to restore him back to his old self, and fervently reminded me of when Troy was turned evil by none other than Darkonda.

This situation made me feel like I was stuck, with nowhere to turn. I wanted to avenge my brother's death, because if Evren had not stabbed me with that poisoned dagger, Troy would not have had to give up his soul for me.

I was once again in the same situation I was in two years ago, forced to be what I again did not want to be, a Power Ranger. I was desperate to have my life back once again, but now it became more than evident that would more than likely never happen. Sooner or later, I was going to have to reactivate my powers as a ranger, because now I had a little brother to protect. It was for him that I was willing to once again become a ranger, even though that was the one thing that caused me so much heartache and pain.

"Selam dostum!" Kaan greeted.

"Selam abi" I said, dully, with my eyes closed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"That doesn't seem like nothing. I know something is up with you, wanna just talk about it?" he sat beside me.

"I would, but I don't want to touch the subject."

"You mean Evren?"

"Yes."

"Look, I know he's made you suffer. And now you learn he's also your ancestor..."

"Who despite being who knows how many hundreds of years old, still looks like he could somewhere in his twenties?"

"Yeah, that too" he chuckled.

"It's hard to imagine he's technically my great-great-great and a hundred more times – grandpa. It's weird and exhausting to think about."

"I know, but you have to try and not let this get to you so much either."

"I know, but to be honest with you, the other thing that has me going bananas, is the fact that I also don't know how to be a big brother. I've always been the younger one, always being looked out for because I was always seen as the fragile one. Now, I am a big brother and have a baby brother to look out for. I just wish Troy was here to at least help me learn to be one."

"Even if he was here, it's not about being taught to be a good big brother. That's something that comes from the heart, and in time it just comes naturally. It's not something you from reading a manual."

"I just feel like I'm not good enough, because in time I realized I got too attached to Troy, and now I miss him so much."

"There's nothing wrong with being attached to your brother. He's...your brother and you had every right to get attached to him. It was only natural to be close."

"Maybe, but now I'm finding that I wish I hadn't gotten too attached to him."

"Don't think like that, buddy. Just know as your brother who's less related to you, I have your back."