12: Valhalley of the Dolls (Part V)

Adrian

We walked through the hallways of the basement, then made our way upstairs. We headed to the to the area where they were holding my cousin, Kaan, and Leiysa, where they were being given their sentence for basically trespassing into this island that no outsider was allowed to enter in.

I watched from afar as Kaan, Ana Leticia, and Leiysa stood before the queen herself, sentencing them, tied in chains.

The queen, Freyja was beautiful in all aspects that one could imagine. She was like a goddess with blond hair, fair skin, and maybe she had colored eyes as well. I could not tell as I was way too far to notice. But however beautiful she was, it was obvious that no one could mess with her and easily get away with it. She had that composure that screamed she was a deadly beauty with no mercy if you got on her bad side.

I looked over at Jayden, Mia, Emma, and Orion. We gave each other signals, deciding when to strike. I knew I had one shot in all of this, just one, and I was going to make sure my cousin and Kaan, made it out safely. I would deal with Evren later, and I really hoped that he did not interfere with out escape plans.

"So we're here because our island's sovereignty has been violated" stated Freyja. "Outsiders are to never ever, set foot into this island. Unless they've been invited, which rarely ever happens. However, what's happened here is much worse than a simple trespass from an outsider. As we've seen, evil has attacked our island, and it is them" she pointed at Ana Leticia, Kaan, and Leiysa. "It is them who have brought this evil into our home. This offence is not one that can go unpunished. So it is my decision that the sentence be death!"

No, I was not going to allow this. I was just about ready to lunge at them and snatch away my cousin and her fiancé. I was not about to let them pay for something that was not their fault, because we did not bring about this evil. Evil came on its own and not because we intentionally brought it.

"Freyja, please!" Leiysa pleaded.

"I've heard all I had to hear! The sentence will be carried out promptly!" said Freyja in a cold and calculating tone. "I also know that there is another outsider running. No one's been able to locate him?"

"No, we have not your majesty" said one of the guards, standing by Ana Leticia. "My men are looking all around."

"I doubt he would escape without his friends here" Freyja said. She was also right about one thing, I was not one to leave anyone behind.

"Guards!" Freyja stood up. "Take those three to be executed. We'll deal with their friend when we find him!"

"He's just a boy!" Ana Leticia pleaded. "We did not bring evil into this island..."

"Silence! Your sentence will be carried out, and there's nothing that will change my mind!" Freyja shouted.

We had to move in quickly. Jayden was the one taking the lead, and signaled us that as soon as he counted to three, we would move in. Our plan was to escape with them, and make sure that we made it to the rendezvous point where Jake and Gia were waiting for us. They had everything ready so we could immediately escape, and I would use the pendant to open the portal to go back home.

I had a really bad feeling that this was potentially not going to happen as planned, especially because Evren was loose somewhere. The entire island was also under what I could only call Martial Law, since there were guards everywhere, trying to find me. Little did they know they had me right here, but they would not be able to see my face, as I was morphed.

The guards forced Ana Leticia, Kaan, and Leiysa to get up. Jayden started counting to three, and once he hit three, we moved in and started fighting the guards that were about to take them to be executed. Jayden and Orion took cover for Ana Leticia and Kaan, while Emma and Mia took cover for Leiysa. I fought a few of the guards, while the queen shouted for them to take no prisoners. I continued fighting, making it easy for Jayden, Orion, Emma, and Mia to escape.