9: Valhalley of the Dolls (Part II)

Adrian

Exiting the portal, we were finally in Valhalla. The air was crisp and cool, and immediately I turned my attention towards the beauty that surrounded us. The island was like a tropical jungle, lush and fertile, with various plants and flowers. Its beauty was captivating, and for a moment I almost ran face on into a tree. Thankfully though, Kaan grabbed and pulled me to safety before I broke my face.

"Be careful!" he chuckled.

"Thank you, I was just captivated by this place. It's so beautiful" I continued looking at the hypnotizing beauty all around.

"I know, this place definitely is a dream to live in" Ana Leticia admired.

"Yeah, a dream for those who actually live here" I said.

"True" Kaan agreed.

"So where's your girl at?" I decided to stop admiring the place, and refocus my attention on the mission at hand.

"You mean me?" I heard a female voice I had never in my life, ever heard before.

Turning around, I noticed it was a Valkyrie girl. She was pretty, and exotic to say the least, as she too was dressed in a brown short skirt, and had a top that revealed her stomach as well.

"Leiysa" said Ana Leticia. "I'm so glad you're here."

"How have you been?" Leiysa asked, which seemed too normal of a question for a girl like her to ask.

"I've been good, just staying out of trouble" Ana Leticia laughed.

"You've always been a troublemaker" laughed Leiysa.

"So how exactly do you two know each other?" I asked.

"We actually met through Kaan a couple years ago" said Leiysa.

"It was after we found out Evren had escaped from his prison in the Altai Mountains" said Ana Leticia.

"Of course, duh" I snarked.

"Evren's kind of gotten under his skin" Ana Leticia pointed.

"I can see that" said Leiysa. She continued staring at me, almost as if trying to get a read on me or something. "I'm sensing you're angry."

"What makes you think that?" I questioned.

"It's written all over your face. You don't want to save Evren, do you?" she looked at me worriedly.

"I'm only going along with this because I have no real choice in the matter. But my biggest worry here is the possibility that he might have turned evil purposely. If that's the case, then what happens when and if we do actually save him?" I questioned all over again.

"He did not become evil because he desired it" Leiysa claimed.

"And what exactly makes you both think that?" I looked at her and Ana Leticia. "All I've seen and heard is that Evren's history is seriously obscured. Nothing is concrete, and what we do know is either incomplete or inaccurate in several ways."

"I have the power of Empathy" Leiysa added. "I can sense people's emotions, just like I've sensed your anger toward him."

"Can you read my thoughts?" I was fearful about that.

"Don't fear, for that is not a power of mine. My being able to sense the emotions of others, does not mean I can read a person's thoughts" she laughed.

"That's a relief, for now" I sighed.

"Kaan and I confronted Evren last year" Leiysa sat down on a log. "It was then that I was able to sense that the evil that dwells inside him, is not really from him. I also sensed the good in him trying to break free, desperately. It's his humanity, which is still very much alive."