13| writing on the wall

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────
"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened.
Who knows who's next?"

Y/N POV

As night fell, the corridor grew eerily quiet, the light of day replaced by the dim flicker of torches along the stone walls. As Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I moved forward through the hallway, the stones beneath our feet felt cold. Something inside me told me that I needed to head back to bed. It wasn't safe.

"We shouldn't be sneaking around at night like this," I whispered, my voice barely audible as we tiptoed through the halls.

Hermione's eyes flickered with worry as she nodded. "Y/n's right. We should get back. It's not safe."

Ahead of us, Harry was already alert, his body stiff, his head tilted slightly as if he could hear something we couldn't. He raised a finger, signaling for us to stop. "Hold on."

"Harry, seriously, I agree with Y/n and Hermione," Ron whispered nervously. "Let's just go back before Filch catches us, or worse..."

Just then, Harry froze, his face covered in pain as his hand shot up to his forehead. His breath hitched, and a sharp look took over his features.

"Harry?" I asked.

The boy rubbed his scar, his eyes unfocused, his face pale. After a long moment, he looked up at me. "Did you hear it?"

"Hear what?"

"That voice," Harry replied, standing straighter. "I heard it first in Lockhart's office... and now again just..."

He turned sharply. "It's moving. I think it's going to kill."

"Kill?" Ron echoed, his face growing pale.

Without another word, Harry Potter broke into a sprint down the dark corridor. We had no choice but to follow the boy, our hearts racing as fast as our feet.

"Harry, wait! Not so fast!" Hermione yelled, struggling to keep up.

The ground beneath us suddenly made a strange sloshing sound, the click of our footsteps now replaced by the echo of splashing water. Looking down, we all froze for a second, our eyes widening at the sight of water pooling across the floor.

"What the...?" I muttered, kicking at the water as if trying to make sense of it. "Why is this corridor flooded?"

Ron looked toward the wall. "Guys, look!"