43| in this together

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────
"I tried to keep you out of it, but you
didn't listen to me."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

The loud crack of fireworks sounded through the air, and I couldn't help but cheer louder as Fred and George Weasley soared triumphantly through the sky, leaving a trail of colorful sparks behind them. The courtyard was alive with excitement while students cheered, laughed, and ran in every direction.

However, my smile dropped when I felt something weigh down on my shoulder. I glanced to my right and saw Harry collapse beside me, his face pale and his eyes wide, staring ahead at something that wasn't there.

"Harry?" I knelt down, grabbing his arm, trying to snap him out of whatever vision had overtaken him. "What is it? What do you see?"

The boy couldn't hear me. His breathing quickened, and sweat dripped down his forehead as his eyes darted back and forth.

"Sirius!" he suddenly screamed, his voice filled with panic.

───────────────

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione's voice was frantic as we sprinted up the staircases, her eyes focused on Harry, desperate for answers.

"Yes, I saw it! Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, and it's in the department of mysteries." Harry explained.

I stopped, my lungs burning as I tried to catch my breath. Running definitely wasn't my thing.

"Harry, please just listen. What if Voldemort meant for you to see this?" Hermione asked.

Harry skidded to a halt, turning to her. "What?"

I stepped forward, still panting. "What if he's only showing you this to get to you, Harry? What if it's a trap?"

"Well, what if it is?" he shot back. "Am I supposed to just let Sirius die?"

"But what if you die?" I asked, worriedly.

"He's the only family I've got left," Harry said, his voice breaking slightly. The weight of those words hit us all.

Ron stepped closer, his expression serious. "What do we do?"

"We'll have to use the Floo Network," Harry replied, already turning toward the next staircase. "Let's go."

We ran again, my legs screaming in protest, but we pushed forward until we reached Umbridge's office. When advancing to the door, I knowingly pointed my wand at the lock.