20| a deal with draco

CHAPTER TWENTY
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────
"So we are really doing this, huh?"

CHAPTER TWENTY───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────"So we are really doing this, huh?"

Y/N POV

After hearing those words, I stared at my mother, my eyes wide with shock. It felt like all of the air had been sucked from my lungs, and my body froze, keeping me glued to the spot. My brain scrambled to make sense of what I had just heard, but nothing added up.

"W-what?" I stammered, my voice barely above a whisper as I forced down the lump that had formed in my throat.

This can't be happening. Draco Malfoy? There's no way. I cannot date Draco Malfoy. Not even pretend to. This is insane.

My mother mistook my silence for embarrassment, her voice softening as she smiled gently at me. "Oh, honey, it's okay. I understand you feel a little flustered."

"That's not the only thing I feel right now," I muttered under my breath.

I could feel my hands start to shake, and I clenched them tightly to keep from losing my composure.

Before she could hit me with any more surprises, I spun around and stormed across the room, my gaze locking on Draco Malfoy. His smug face was surrounded by his usual entourage, but I didn't care. Without warning, I grabbed him by the sleeve of his expensive suit and yanked him away.

"Bloody hell, y/n!" Draco yelped, struggling to match my pace as I dragged him into a nearby corridor. His friends snickered, but I was too furious to pay them any mind.

Once we were out of sight, I glanced back to make sure we were alone. The coast was clear. I whirled around to face him, my heart pounding in my chest. Draco frowned, his gray eyes narrowing at the panic written all over my face.

"What in Merlin's name is wrong with you?" he asked, sounding more annoyed than concerned.

"What's wrong?" I replied, my voice rising with anger and confusion. "What's wrong is that everyone now thinks we're a couple!"

Before me, Draco blinked twice with a dumbfounded expression, "...so?"

"What do you mean so?" I bellowed, rubbing my hands over my face. "We need to tell them that this isn't true."

"What? No!" He argued, shaking his head in protest.

I stopped pacing and turned to him, my eyes widening in shock, "Why not?!"

"Because! Pansy is finally not bothering me! I can finally be alone with my friends without her hugging me or touching me in some way!" Draco said back.

I blinked once, "Okay, that's gross."

"You know what I mean," Draco sighed, rubbing his fingers over his eyes. "Just please, can you do this for me?"