27| top secret

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────
"Now what are we going to do! She knows our biggest secret!"

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────"Now what are we going to do! She knows our biggest secret!"

Y/N POV

The student turned slowly, and my breath caught in my throat as their face came into view. My heart skipped a beat.

"Hermione?" I gasped, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Granger?!" Draco yelled furiously.

The boy started pacing back and forth, glaring at her like she had just ruined everything. Which, to be fair, she had.

"H-hey." She said shyly.

"Of course it's that filthy mudblood," Draco scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Shut up, Draco." I said. "This isn't her fault, it's mine. I should've been more careful."

It's only been a half a year and we already have messed up.

"Now what are we going to do! She knows our biggest secret!" He said, now running his hands through his bleach blonde hair.

I turned back to Hermione.

"How much did you hear?" I asked.

"Well, everything." She said while looking down and playing with her robes. I could tell she was nervous.

"Were you spying on us?!" Draco asked angrily, clutching his fists.

"N-no! I was heading back from the library when I heard you two talking. I wanted to listen. Apparently I shouldn't have." She said.

"Damn right you shouldn't have." Draco muttered under his breath.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. "On the bright side, it wasn't Pansy or Harry," I said, more to myself than anyone else, but even that felt hollow.

"But she'll tell them!" Draco exclaimed, his voice rising again as he stared at me with wild eyes.

"Mione, you can't tell anyone." I stepped closer, putting my hands on her shoulders, pleading with my eyes.

"Why?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Bloody hell," I muttered, sighing and rubbing my temples. "I'll explain everything back in the dorms. Just...please, don't say anything."