it's addressed to za

- Pic of living room -

Ly🐍🐍a: oi wru?

Sasha: provisions, having a coffee and studying for bio

Sasha: why?

Ly🐍🐍a: COME HOME

Ly🐍🐍a: ASAP 

Sasha: what's wrong?

Ly🐍🐍a: there's a package here 

Ly🐍🐍a: it's addressed to za

Sasha: Be there in 5. 

***

"Holy shit." I said breathlessly, closing the door behind me. "What is all this stuff?"

After receiving Lyssa's call I had shoved all my stuff into my bag and raced home. The elevator had taken too long so I stupidly decided it would be a good idea to run the forty flights of stairs to our apartment. 

That, combined with the boxes that had taken up at least 75% of our living room's surface area, was enough to almost give me a heart attack. 

"Did you run here or something?" Lyss asked, watching me from the only couch with no boxes on it. I'm sure it looked like i did, my hair felt out of place, my forehead clammy. I was a mess.

"The elevator was taking forever, I took the stairs." I was still panting slightly, I hadn't had the time to work out properly in ages and it was starting to take its toll on my body. 

I dropped my bag by the counter. "Why didn't you open them?"

"I didn't know who it was from, what if it was a bomb or something?" Lyss defended herself. 

I sighed, "It's not a bomb, Dad's men wouldn't have brought it in if it was anything dangerous."

"Still," Lyss eyed the boxes carefully, as if one wrong look would blow us all to dust. "How does this guy you're texting know where we live?" 

Shit, I hadn't even thought of that. I was too preoccupied trying to figure out what was inside the boxes, I forgot that i hadn't even told Drew where i lived. 

Slipping my phone out of my jean pocket, I opened up the conversation Drew and I had had over a week earlier. His messages still confused me. I hadn't replied to him, and he hadn't tried to contact me. Until today. 

SI: Is it a bomb?

While waiting for his reply, i took off my boots and joined Lyss on the couch in the living room. 

Chandler: Bing: open it & find out 

I didn't want to smile when his name popped up on my iphone, but it happened anyway. 

"What's he saying?" Lyss peered over my shoulder, trying to read my texts. 

SI: if i open it and it is a bomb, i'm going to kill you

Chandler Bing: it is the bomb

Chandler Bing: But it's not a bomb

SI: Lyss isn't convinced 

Chandler Bing: then she can't have any

And then it hit me. 

"Oh my god!" I threw my phone onto the couch and picked the nearest box off the floor. 

"What?" Lyss asked frantically, probably thinking her worst fears had been confirmed. "What is it?"

Tearing the box open was difficult since the tape around the boxes wouldn't budge but i finally managed to rip it open. 

Taking out was inside, I let out an unfamiliar squeal. "Look!" I shoved a red box near her face. "Lucky charms!" 

Lyss stared at me blankly, "All of this," she said, gesturing around the room, "for some stupid cereal?"

I ignored her and instead worked on opening the rest of the boxes. Once the last box had been emptied our floor was a combination of cereal boxes, scrunched up balls of tape and ripped bits of cardboard. 

"Where is this all going to fit? There has to be at least a hundred boxes." 

Lyss, who had been watching me go at the boxes like some kind of deranged monster, asked. 

She was right of course. Only a few managed to fit in the pantry, the rest i had placed in my closet, under my bed, on my bedside table, basically anywhere that there was space. 

By the time i finished Lyss was curled up on the now empty couch watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians. The floor was spotless once again and it was one of the major perks of living with a clean freak. 

"Thanks for helping," I told her gratefully.

She shushed me, too engrossed in her reality tv show. 

I grabbed my phone from where I had left it on the couch and headed straight for my bed. 

SI: thank you 

Chandler Bing: i told u i would 

Chandler Bing: i'm a man, i take my word seriously 

SI: still, you didnt have to. 

Chandler Bing: yes i did lol, u were hounding me for them

SI: I was not hounding you

Chandler Bing: Ur right

Chandler Bing: Harassing is more appropriate 

SI: piss off

Chandler Bing:  😂😂

SI: 😑

Chandler Bing: i really wish i could stay & chat 

Chandler Bing: But it's bed time for me 

Chandler Bing: Goodnight Sash 

Lucky Charm: Goodnight, Drew. 

***

HE FINALLY CHANGED HER NAME 

PROGRESS, PEOPLE 🙌🏽

x