xavier aka za

I had spent the better half the night trying to convince Alyssa to tell me what she knew.

She refused, adamant that since Drew was here and willing to tell me, I should hear it from him instead.

Since when did she have morals???

I was beyond perplexed. How had she figured it out and while I was over here the reigning queen of little miss clueless?

What was I missing?

"Please just tell me!" I didn't want to whine, but fuck it. At this point I was beyond caring about how sooky I sounded.

"No," she sounded absolutely resolute.

"If you figured it out, how come Luke didn't notice anything strange when he went over his police report?"

"Because Luke's like forty," she snorted, "How the hell is he supposed to know who he is?"

"He wants to meet me at midnight, who chooses to meet that late but serial killers." I grumbled, hoping that if I complained enough she might give something away just to shut me up.

"He's not a serial killer." She told me solemnly, throwing a woollen jacket on over her white top.

"Ok then what if he's just setting me up to prank me?" I asked. "How do I even know he's really in France?"

"Trust me," she muttered, "He's here."

"How?!" I burst out. "How do you know that?"

Eventually, she grew irritated with my panicked questioning and decided to leave for breakfast without waiting for me to finish getting ready.

Could she blame me though? I was scared. Scared of how quickly all of my feelings resurfaced from a two minute conversation.

How much more would they intensify if I actually saw him face to face?

Why now? Was it just a coincidence that we were both in the same country at the same time?

It was all just too confusing and suspicious.

And to top it off, I still hadn't finished getting dressed for our visit to The Lourve today.

Finally I settled on a pair of fitted black jeans, a tight t shirt and a leather jacket. Slipping my boots on before leaving, I grabbed my phone and locked up before heading to the elevator.

The doors slid open and I entered. The only other occupants conversed in French and judging from their suits and briefcases it was probably business related.

I still hadn't decided what i was going to do about tonight. At this point, what difference would it make if we met or not?

I was so in trance, the sound of the elevator doors opening scared me. The two business men stepped off and I moved further back into into the elevator to make space for a group of younger men waiting to step on.

The elevator zoomed up and it was then that i realized i hadn't pushed the button for the ground floor.

Fuck me dead.

How was I going to the front of the elevator to press the G button?

Fuck it, if they weren't going down too I'd just have wait til they got off. Saves me the embarrassment of having to awkwardly attempt to manoeuvre through them to get to buttons panel.

I scrolled through my twitter timeline to pass time until their conversation piqued my interest.

"I'm tellin' you bro, if you move him around the ring Garrett will be tired by the second round."