D a y ~ 3 3

It was a Saturday. So I slept in.

When I finally woke up, I jolted out of bed, grabbing my keys and getting ready in only a few minutes. This was the first lead I'd really ever had on Emma, on figuring out who she was.

If that was her bag, really, then that meant that she painted these palm trees. I snapped a picture of the painting before I left, walking towards town. I would recognize those trees anywhere, exactly like one of the pages in her sketchbook. I was surprised I didn't see it before.

If I could figure out who she is... then maybe, I could find her family. Her friends. And if they were around, maybe she would wake up.

It wasn't much, but it was what I could do. It was what I had to do since I couldn't save her the first time around.

When I get to the store, I ask the manager where he got those paintings, who gave them to him.

"A girl used to come in here, every week or so. She'd sell me her paintings for cheap. Always had a smile," the man said. I nodded.

"Do you have any receipts or anything? Maybe a name? I bought one of her paintings and wanted to see if she had any more..." I lied casually. I just wanted answers at this point.

He shook his head. "Dunno who she was. Always wanted cash. I think her name was like Julie or Jayden or somethin' like that."

That made sense... the painting I bought was signed, "JE".

"Did she have brown hair, just below her shoulders? About five' four"?"

The man's face wrinkled in thought for a moment before he nodded slowly.

I thanked him and left, my hopes dropping by the second. Maybe it was her. It was probably her. It matched everything.

But that was no help in finding out who she was. Or where I could find her family.

It wasn't going to help me wake her up.