Chapter 44

Nick watched tentively as Selena set up their dinner, still hoping for her to tell him that she kissed him. As she finished, he joined her across the table.

"So this weekend, mom and dad were thinking of going away to the beach house for the long weekend, Kevin and Dani couldn't make it because they're both pretty occupied with work, so I was thinking if you would go..." Nick began to quiet at the last few words, Selena remained quiet about it, taking in each bite of food peacefully.

"Oh uhm..." she wasn't sure if this was a good idea, a weekend third-wheeling with Nick and Samantha, "Why don't you ask Samantha?"

Taken back, "Well I didn't ask her because my parents aren't such a big fan of her."

That made her heart skip a beat, was he implying something here? She couldn't help but release a small giggle, "Well I'll have to see, the club might be busy for the weekend."

"Okay, but I'm counting on you!" Nick said excitedly, he was secretly happy about the fact Selena will go with him. 

Their conversations went on about life and nonsense as they laughed with each other through the night. 

-- the weekend

The week went by fast, Selena was quite happy with Nick, she was impressed by how he barely spoke about his dates with Samantha. She was even secretly excited the fact that Samantha wasn't coming. It was a guilty way of joy.

They left early in the morning. Their car ride was a long one Nick had warned. 

Both Nick and Selena got in the car with their luggages. It was too early for Selena, she slept late practicing for her dance at the club. She brought along a pillow for the car ride. She was just glad that Nick's car was a comfy car to sleep in, or else she'll be complaining of back pain at the beach house.

It was a peaceful ride, sure Nick was tired himself but he didn't mind because he knew that this weekend he can convince Selena to tell him whats wrong and about the kiss.

They hopped out of the car infront of a beautiful beach house with a beautiful yard full of well gardened flowers. 

"Oh my God... this is beautiful," She stared at the view in total awe. 

Nick smiled unloading the car, "Well that's the Jonas's beach house."

Selena picked up her own bag and followed with Nick inside the house. Every single bit of the hosue captured her eyes in bits, especially pictures of Nick when he was small.