Chapter 43

Nick thought that after last night's dinner with Selena, and the conversation they had, he figures it would be nice if he invited Samantha over for dinner. Just for the two most important ladies, after his mom, is there to talk and know each other.

He already told Selena about having Samantha over for dinner. But she failed on him, lying she had a show that night, because some dancer couldn't do her number. Nick accepted that and waited for a better time. 

While Selena was sitting around Central Park, her phone buzzed from her jacket. She took out seeing it was the newspaper, with no hesitation she brought the phone close to her ears.

"Hello?"

The newspaper decided to continue to allow them to post for her lost sister on the newspaper, but Selena had her hopes higher for some news. Although she was happy and thanked them, she wished it was that her sister read it.

Her shoulders dropped and were heavy as she arrived home. Nick was asleep on the couch with his laptop opened on his lap. His head was rested on the edge of the head rest and his documents were scattered all around the coffee table.

Selena smiled seeing the angelic face of his, sleeping so soundly and sweet. She didn't bother to wake him, she tried to get to her room soundlessly as she can. After changing she came out a blanket out to cover his cool body.

She felt lazy to cook, so she called for take out. She decided to search for her sister while waiting for the take out, she slides open her mac on her lap.

Slowly Nick's head started tip over to a side, landing it one Selena's shoulders. She was shaken for a second there, she froze, not wanting him to shift again. He wrinkles his nose and snuggles over.

A small smile grew on her face as she analyzes his face. Every little detail of the features on his face was like an angel. His curls were so defined, so right. His brows were thin, his nose was sharp and cute. Then the lips, those lips she yearned to kiss. The were thin, pink heart shaped and looked very soft.

She held her breath, closing her eyes as she leaned down and pecked him on the forehead. She moved away and sat there with Nick until she heard the bell. 

Damn delivery is fast, she thought. Just as the bell came ringing, Nick awoken from her shoulder. She replaces her shoulder with the blue accented cushion, he fell on it slightly as she got off to pay the man at the door.

Nick stretched over, noticing his laptop was removed, he quickly went over to check it. While Selena went to bring over the take out to the coffee table. 

"Food is ready," she chimed with a melodic tune. 

Nick helped move his documents aside, "How long was I asleep for?"

"Long enough for my shoulder bones to snap," she joked, taking out the Chinese take out boxes. The smell of fried noodles and rice filled the room. Nick went right for the spring rolls.

"Panda Express, God bless you," he devoured the spring rolls faintly.

Selena laughs as she takes her noodles to her bowl. He observes her as she takes her small bites into her noodle. He was hoping she'd say something. Because truthfully...

He felt the kiss on his forehead.