Shopping

"Look dad I'm great perfectly happy and swell!" I say. "ok Katie" "bye Dad I'm out with a friend" "ok Katie. Love you" he says. "love you too" I mumble. I hang up and set my phone down angrily taking another piece of orange chicken. "Um" Rick mumbles. "oh I'm sorry Rick my dad is always checking up on me" I say. "why?" "to see how I'm doing and if I need help or he needs something" "oh well that's sweet" "it's annoying" "at least you have a caring father well at least you even have a father" he says. "Rick-" "you should never be mad at your father" he says. "yeah I know." "I-" his phone starts ringing 'Answer your damn phone' I laugh at it. He answers. "hello Richard Castle speaking" he says with a charming smile. suddenly there is yelling on the other line and I can tell its a woman. "I'm sorry mother I just we out with a friend" "no I'm not!" "don't judge!" "ok I'm sorry. Ok that's ok with me" he says. He says bye then hangs up. "ugh!" he lets out a frustrating sigh. "why did I get stuck with her as a mother" he asks. "don't underestimate your mother. You will want her when you least expect it but she will be there because she loves you. No one can take a true mother's spot. You should cherish your time with your mother. Life is to short to not want her as a mother." I tell him cutting the last pier of orange chicken in half. I pick half up on my fork and point it towards him. He takes it and I stab the other peace. "that was a sweet little speech! That's better than anything I could've said." He says in awe. I swallow the chicken. I shrug. "What know?" I ask. "how about I run your bag out to my car?" he asks. "okay" I say. Rick takes my bag after I sneak the bracelet out. I slip it on and take a sip of our pop. "oh my gosh Kate!" I hear an all to familiar girl squeal. I turn my head to see Lanie, Javy, Kevin and Jenny standing there. I smile. "hey" I say. I give Jenny, Lanie, then Kevin a hug. I give Javy a hug last. "hey chica you saved the best for last he says with his arms around my waist and there is almost a foot of space between us. "oh yes I did" I say giving him another hug. We separate and I turn around to see a jealous Rick. "Oh. Lanie, Jenny, Kevin and Javier this is Richard" I say. "oh my god!! The writer?!?" Lanie and Jenny squeal. "yeah" he says sheepishly. "aww! You are so cute in person!" they say. Javy wraps his arms aroun Lanie while Kevin does the same to Jenny. "Chica I don't appreciate you calling another man cute" Javy says. Lanie laughs and pecks his lips. Jenny giggles as Kevin whispers things in her ear. "these are your friends?" Rick asks me. "yeah" I say. Rick grabs my hand and pulls me into hollister. It's dimly lit and he pulls me to the back where the button ups are at. It's deserted. He holds up our hands and intertwined them. "they aren't as scary as I imagined." he whispers in my ear. I laugh. He looks at my lips then looks into my eyes. I tilt my head and lean forward. Our lips meet and fireworks fly. I slide my arms around his neck and his hands travel down to rest on my hips. My tongue slips into his mouth and I let him win the tongue battle. We pull apart for air and smile at each other. "they are scary when they have their guns on them. Oh yeah I never told you! Kevin, Javy and I are Homicide Detectives" I tell him. "that's so cool!" he says. "yeah. Lanie is our medical examiner and Jenny is a pediatrician" he smiles at me and hugs me. "we should probably go grab our drink" he says. "yeah" I reply intertwining our hands.

We arrive at our table and I grab our pop and take a drink out of it. "there you guys are!" Lanie exclaims. "yeah?" I ask. "how about we girls go to glitter" Lanie says. "um ok?" I say. "or Hollister?" Lanie asks. "Hollister!" Jenny and I say together. "that way I can get new leather pants and super skinnies" I say. "yeah Kate you need new leather pants they are fading and are ripped" Javy says. I laugh.

"Come on!" I tell Lanie as she pays for her stuff. we head out. We head over to American Eagle and I ask Rick for his keys. "I got them" he says and takes my bags. Javy and Kevin took the girls' bags to the car. "We should do a scavenger hunt or something" Jenny says. "like make a list of things you have to do, get or say? But you have to take a picture and we all are in groups with our boyfriends" Lanie says. "I'm sorry I mean Kate will be with Rick and we'll be with our boyfriends" Lanie's corrects herself. "Haha it's ok we go out" I say. She grins evilly and already know she is gonna put bad things on the list!!

~~~~

Comment

&

Vote