Glass cuts deep

I frequently wiped my foot with a towel Rick have me but it wasn't doing much. He comes to my door and picks me up. We head into the ER and he talks to the nurse. "Ok name please." she says. "Katherine Beckett" I say. She looks up with a smile an a shake of her head. "why are you back now?" she asks amused. "stepped on glass" I shrug. She shakes her head and a doctor comes out for us.

"Hello Kate!" Doctor Genns says. "hello Doctor Genns how have you been?" I ask as she examines my foot. "saving lives. Did it happen again?" She asks vaguely. I mutter a yes and she looks up at my honesty. "Well we'll get you x-rays then we'll see if we can pull it out or cut it out." she says writing things on her chart. "Roger has asked to speak with you while you wait for your x-ray. Is that ok?" she asks standing. "sure" I sigh. She then notices Richard. She eyes him closely. To cover up her distaste she says "mm Richard Castle such a yummy!" she then walks out shaking her head. "what was all that about?" Rick asks. "hmm?" "you've been here before" "yeah all the time" "for what reasons?" I let out a sigh. "Richard I am not one to share my life and If I do it's with people I love" I tell him. He nods his head. "why did she not like me?" he asks hurt clear in his voice. I shrug with a side smirk. Before he could say anymore Roger walks in. "hey Roger!" I say opening my arms. He comes over and hugs me giving me a kiss on the cheek. He sits on my bed by my knees. "ok Kate what's up?" he asks. I nod my head in Rick's direction. "mmhm and how long?" he ask. I raise an eyebrow. "along how far along?" he asks. "oh Only a week so far and I'm already thinking about the building" I mumble the last part. "Kate. You had nothing to do with that. It wasn't your fault" he says. That angers me. "How can you keep saying that?" I say anger rising. "Kate calm down." Roger says. "how? How can you say it's not my fault? I could've shot the man! I could've saved everyone! If I hadn't been wrapped up in my personal problems all of them could've gotten out in time before they died from getting shot or burned!" I yell. "You can't blame yourself" he says calmly. "Yes I can. The guy was right in front of me. He stared at me with a smirk on his face. I didn't shoot him. I let him get away!" "Kate it was all his fault" he says putting a hand on my leg. I flinch away from him. he sighs. "I'm guessing that is still a problem to?" He asks. I nod my head. "did they find the guy?" he asks standing up. "I didn't tell them" I whisper. "ok Kate I'll see you at our next session" he sighs. I nod my head and he walks out. The doctor comes in we get my x-rays.

"You have to stay the night here or at someone's house. Your foot is to bad for you to be constantly walking." The doctor says. "ok I'll figure it out" I say. "She can stay with me. Or I can stay at her place" Rick suddenly pipes up. I look at him. "you ok with that Kate?" "sure" I tell Dr.Genns. "Ok Your foot is all wrapped up so you are good to go." she says. I nod my and grab the crutches which are now mine. "Call me if um your foot bothers you" she says glancing at Rick. I let out a little laugh. I put her card in my jacket pocket since I'm still in my dance shorts.

"Ok so what do you want for lunch?" Rick asks. I shrug. I open my apartment door and We step inside. I slip on my slippers that are to big onto my bad foot and a regular size on my good foot. I walk into the kitchen and grab the broom and pan. I then hop to the living room where Rick is staring at the torn room. I start sweeping glass. "Let me do that!" he says taking the broom and dust pan from me. I walk over to the books that are torn apart. I start stacking the pages and covers into a pile on the table. Soon my living room only has the stack of papers on my table. I start sorting them out by number and markings I put on them. Yes I wrote a symbol on each page of a book. Just encase this ever happened. I finish all the book but the first book that Rick wrote is completely unreadable. That's my mom's favorite. Or was. I pick through the shreds of paper with a frown. There is one page intact. It's the page where Richard Castle signed it out to my mother and then me. She wrote on the back page to me. I read the words slowly and carefully for the millionth time since she died. I grab the books and put them in order on my book case. I'll probably replace them. I set the page under the picture frame. I grab all the scrap papers and throw them away in the kitchen. I start washing dishes and put my head in my hands when I'm done except for silver ware. I let a few tears fall and wipe them away. I finish the dishes well almost. Rick walks in stopping me from washing the last knife that I have in my hand. "Kate if you need someone to talk to I'm here." he says. I stay silent. He slowly makes his way to my side and my hand tightens around the knife. He doesn't stay anything He wraps his arms around me.