Chapter 2 Lilly

Lilly:

I think adults do things just to piss their children off.

"Dad this conversation isn't over........ I don't want to be a stupid nurse for the summer" I say annoyed and hurt, I walk around the island get to the toaster.

To think for once I thought my dad would be okay with me doing what I want with my summer and future ... but nope.

"sorry but the papers have already been filled out, besides you need credits before you graduate next year" my dad says in a cocky tone while eating his eggs.

I sit down at the breakfast table with my cinnamon and sugar toast, I doubt that he is even a little bit sorry, but then again it was my fault that I didn't sign up for something earlier I mean it's almost june.

I can't blame myself anymore thats what the therapist said

---

I get into the school parking lot and see that its blood drive day, some people faint at the sight of blood but i don't mind it, I think that is why my dad want me to become a doctor because nothing scares me, sometimes I think about giving my blood but I don't know if I would want to know someone has my DNA inside them. I walk to my locker and see sam waiting for me, even though her name is boyish she is all girly pink, pink, pink.

"Heyy you ready for summer" she says with pink gum in her mouth. I roll my eyes.

" you're a senior you get to go off to college in a few months, while i'm stuck here with no friends" I say trying to explain how horrible life is going to be next year.

I get my books out of my locker as soon as I turn a guy running in the hallway hits me in the shoulder and we both go tumbling down along with my books.

"geez watch out" sam says

" i'm sorry " he breaths out.

I stared into his watery ocean blue eyes, It felt weird. When we finished picking my books back up he walked away.

"Why do you have goose bumps"

I jumped

" wha .... ( cough) What?" I say trying to acting natural when I look back at sam she gives me this face i can't decode but it didn't matter cause the bell rang.