Chapter 7 Lilly

When my dad explain everything to me over lunch like what I Will be doing and that I had to wear scrubs and they were going to teach me stuff for college I was kinda excited but today I was just going to follow him around.
"Okay so I have to go check on patience and your going to join". He gave me really helpful tips like knowing when to be nice to the parents and when to be stern about their child's health, we walk into a couple of rooms I just stood behind my dad not to distract people which was easy because my dad is 6 foot 2 so it's like I'm playing hide and go seek but the kids always looked at me and I would say hi and make funny faces to make them smile.
" Okay last stop.... This was the car crash I was talking about last night, he broke a lot of bones and hit his head so he's not awake" my dad said
"Ohh I hope he gets better .. what caused the accident" I ask
" the driver and him were intoxicated" he said with no emotion in his voice, it could have hit me more but I've been through the worst so I just keep walking.
I just look at him and when we walked into the room I understood, he must have been 16 or 17 because if he was older he wouldn't be in pediatric part of the hospital, a women stood up when we came into the room.
" hi I'm his Aunt" she says. They talk about everything that is wrong with him and I just stand in front of him thinking I know him... I've seen him before. In the background of my think I hear my dad say my name and I turn around
" Lily do you think you could show MS. Smith the direction to the cafeteria and then come back and watch him..just in case" he says with a smile
" of course" I say politely even though every bone in my body is saying no don't even be near anyone like that.
I walk her down to their elevators and show her the direction with my hands. After the door closed I walked slowly down the hall until I came to the stupid 17 year old, I walk in and looked down at his face " I feel like I should be doing more than babysitting I mean you're not going to walk out of here" i say then right as i ended my sentence blue eyes popped open and I jump back with a squill.