Chapter 20

Plumpaw and Troutstream were playing with water. Plumpaw was floating above the river and Troutstream was in the river and swimming. They were trying to get each other to get wet. Troutstream used  his tail to splash water all over his apprentice. Plumpaw thought otherwise and released her power which made her plummet into the river. She tried her hardest to swim, but she couldn't. She tried to get her power to activate, but it didn't work. She started to panic, her heart racing and her mind confused. She gave up and the water decided to consume her.

Troutstream jumped out of the river and saw a brown pelt cat floating in the surface. He chuckled when he thought  it was some kind of dung, but as he looked closer he saw that isnt wasn't fox-dung, it was his apprentice.

"Plumpaw! Come on!" Troutstream yelled, but the apprentice didn't give him a respond. Troutstream leaped into the river and grasp the young apprentice in his jaw. The two arrived on the sandy ground and Plumpsw wasn't breathing. Troutstream started to help her by doing CPR, but he forgot how to do it. He decided to wrap himself around her to try and keep her warm.

Two other cats came over, it was Mintpaw and her mentor, Emberstream.

"Troutstream! Why are you huddling so close to Plumpaw!" Emberstream yowled aggressively.

"Plumpaw almost drowned and so she is..." Troutstream tried to explain.

Mintpaw turned her pelt color into a Troutstream pelt and leaped into the river.

"I'm Troutstream." she yowled like if she was in the jungle.

Emberstream got up to Plumkit and did CPR.

"Why couldn't you do CPR?" Emberstream asked.

Troutstream shook his head.

"I forgot." he muttered.

Emberstream got a glimpse of her apprentice just floating on a stick.

"You! Right there in the gray and white! Come back here ignorant fool!" Emberstream shouted.

Mintpaw shook her head, "I'm pretending to be like Troutstream because he is mean to Plumpaw."

Emberstream rolled her eyes, pushed down on Plumpaw's chest and water started to spray out of her mouth.

"MINTPAW! COME BACK HERE!" Emberstream yowled, "I know that Troutstream is a douchebag, but come on!"

Troutstream got up, "Yo, I'm right here."

Emberstream rolled her eyes again, "Whatever."

Mintpaw hugged the stick, "No!" she answered.

"Don't make me burn that stick of yours." Emberstream retorted and fire started to appear in her paw.

"Noooooo! I'm coming! I'm coming." Mintpaw shouted back.

The Troutstream colored apprentice started to swim in still floating on the stick.

After half-mark, the little apprentice asked if she could bring the stick. The cats nodded. Mintpaw made it to the land and started to drag her stick out of the water. Troutstream and Emberstream's jaws were opened widely. The stick was longer than the mentors combined!

"On second thought, how about we go back to camp without the stick." Emberstream meowed.

"Fine." Mintpaw replied and hugged her stick before following the others back to camp.

~
Yay! Another chapter! I hope you enjoyed the longer chapter and I hope it brought smiles and laughs!

~Whisper