Flawed Perfection Ch. 14

Hi guys! *waves* sorry this is a day or two late. :/ I'm sick and have not been much up to writing. The picture on the side is how Charlotte is. :( sadly. The song on the side...I dunno I was playing Just Dance 3 and I love it. XD

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––I mentally cringed at her voice. “I uh got bored.” I mumbled into the phone speaker, hoping that I wouldn’t get lectured.

 “You got bored? Are you insane?!” Hazel said, sounding like she was trying not to raise her voice. “You slept outside on a freaking bench for Pete’s sake and you could’ve been kidnapped or something!” Her voice was getting louder, close to the sound of someone calling you from across the room.

 “I’m sorry Hazel.” I muttered, knowing she wouldn’t care enough about my apology.

 “Sorry doesn’t cut it!” Hazel almost shouted into the phone. I vaguely wondered where she was. No way her mom would let her yell in the house.

 “How could you do this?! Luke called me this morning explaining to me that you were missing!” she practically hissed the last word at me.

 Somehow the only thing that was processing in my mind was that Luke was talking to Hazel… that somehow didn’t make sense because he was my boyfriend and shouldn’t really care about Hazel.

 “I didn’t mean-“ Hazel cut me off.

 “I was ready to storm out into the middle of New York searching for you in my pajamas!” she scolded me.

 I had to giggle at the mental image that came to mind. Hazel, wandering around in the snow in her pajamas.

 “You’re laughing at me!” she shrieked, making me hold the phone away from my ear. I could still hear her. “I was worried sick and you’re laughing!”

 I rolled my eyes and held the phone away at arms’ length. “Sorry!” I shouted into the phone. “Just calm down! I’m an adult and alive.”

 I was tempted to just hang up on her. She was freaking out over nothing. I knew a little defense stuff. When I was little I went to like one karate class. Decided I didn’t like it when I actually had to fight people…

"A young adult!” Hazel yelled at me. Her voice sounded a bit funky because it went through the phone. I scowled, my finger hovering over the end button.

 “Stop it Hazel! It’s done and over with!” I shouted punching the button and slamming the phone back into the receiver.

 I couldn’t believe Hazel. She was supposed to be my best friend! Best friends are the ones who do idiotic things with.

 I scowled and returned back to the bathroom, flicking off the lights before going back to my room. This was just messed up. Luke hated me. Hazel hated me. What next? Was Dan going to hate me now?

 What was I supposed to do now? Confined to my house with no way to lose weight… I’ve been putting this off for far too long.

 Hazel and Luke said to cut back…well I guess I could just cut back on exercise. I just couldn’t eat. Eating would make me fat and being fat wouldn’t get me into Joffrey.

 Just the thought of that English muffin in my stomach made me sick. I was never getting into Joffrey like this! My stomach was churning at the thought.

 I ran into the bathroom, my small breakfast sitting in the toilet after a few moments. I heaved until nothing else came up. There was a little blood amongst it all but it didn’t matter that much. Well to me.