Flawed Perfection Ch. 15

Hi guys! *waves* I have a deadline of when to finish this book because it's nearing the end *wipes eyes* The picture on the side always links to the story...I should just stop telling you this lol. The song is Keep Your Head up by Andy Grammer and it's inspiring. I think Charlotte should listen to this haha XD

________________________________________________________________________________

It’s already been a week and a half. My mom sometimes gives me these worried looks but she doesn’t need to. I’m so close to getting to my 85 pounds. Right now I’m at 90. All the skipped meals, running hours on end down in the basement on the beat up treadmill has finally paid off. Almost.

I’m close. So close it’s practically killing me. I’ve tallied the calories, recorded my weight. Every single day. My dad is oblivious. He’s always busy at work. My brother. He wouldn’t know it at all if it stole his nose and kicked him in the shin. It’s only my mother. She’s been suspicious. I’ve taken to ‘eating’ in my bedroom now because she’s deciding she’ll dish out the portions.

 It’s not just her. It’s Hazel and Luke too. Hazel gives me skeptical glances every day at lunch when I give mine away. She offers to share a cookie but I refuse. Tell her I want to look good for auditions.

 We’re auditioning to get a good part for our recital this year. Ms. Corey has decided we will be performing Sleeping Beauty. She was always my favorite princess and I’m actually able to be her… It would be great. I’d try out, be the perfect weight, and land the part. Nothing could go wrong. I just have to be 85 pounds.

 Luke seems confused about the whole situation. Almost like he’s not sure what to think. Maybe he thinks that I have cut back or I am. Then he gets confused when I dish out my lunch to others. Well half the time he’s concerned with his own lunch he doesn’t pay attention to me. Which helps quite a bit.

 So my mother, who might I remind you wanted to make my punishment harsher, has decided to lift it. She said I’ve suffered enough and that if I’m trapped here any longer I’m going to kill myself running on the treadmill any longer.

 Now here I am on my way to a little restaurant for a double date with Hazel. She just had to decide on a restaurant. What a great best friend right?

 I pulled into the parking lot of a neighborhood Applebee’s. Luke’s car was easy to spot right away so I pulled in next to him. I wasn’t sure where Hazel or Jason was. Hazel texted me saying she’d be riding with Jason. Turns out that boy was a year older than her.

 I swung open my car door, careful not to hit Luke’s car. He’d kill me. My heels clacked as I stood up, shutting the door. Hazel had decided we were all going to dress ‘formal’. So here I am ready to trip when I walk in these death traps. I was wearing black pants and a nice light blue top. This was my ‘fancy’ outfit. It’s not like I would go full out for a double date.

 There was a cute elderly couple heading to the door by the time I got to the curb. It was so adorable to watch the balding man hold open the door for his wife who had curly white hair. It brought a small smile to my face, making me hope Luke and I ended up like that…

 I walked in a few moments after them and came to the lady at a small podium. Glancing around I didn’t notice Luke, Hazel, or even Jason. I was getting a bit worried. Had I mistaken the car outside for Luke’s?

 The woman in front of me smiled warmly. “Hello and welcome to Applebee’s. Are you Miss Jarrel?” she asked reading off a list. Hm, guess they marked it in my name…

 “Er, yes. Do you know where my table is?” I asked nervously. I didn’t want to look like some stammering idiot who came to the wrong place.

 “Yes.” She said setting the list back on the podium. The lady, who’s nametag said Jenny, started walking off in between tables and booths. I quickly followed after her, making sure not to leave my purse in an easily stolen spot on my shoulder.