Chapter 30

"You say you're a good girl

but I know you would, girl

'cause you been telling me all night

little white lies, little white lies."

"Do you like it?" Niall asked me from inside of the comfort of the recording booth. His blue eyes shown brightly against the deep burgandy coloured-walls and the twinkling fairy lights that lit up the inside of the booth. I leaned forward onto the wide desk with multi-coloured switches and knobs and sent him an encouraging smile.

His voice was so unique. Whenever I heard it, it completely lifted my spirits and made my insides melt. Niall was the epitome of Prince Charming; he knew all the right moves and exactly when to make them.

"I adore it," I answered honestly. "My favourite on the album, by far."

Niall sent me a challenging smirk through the thin glass as he removed his headphones from his ears to rest them on his shoulders. "I thought you said Happily was your favourite?" he questioned, recalling the statement I had made last week at his previous recording session. "And Strong...and You & I, Why Don't We Go There?, and Right Now."

"Everything you sing becomes my favourite then," I responded sheepishly, feeling my cheeks heat up and begin to tingle underneath Niall's careful gaze. Although, instead of picking up where he was and continuing to record the song, he kept his eyes locked on me. "Um...is there something on my face?"

His deep chuckle made me feel good. "You're just really great. These past two months have gone by incredibly fast but I'm so happy you're mine."

"Niall," I started, feeling the warmth within my face heat up at least ten degrees warmer. "Let's not get all sappy in here, all right?"

"Right, right, I'm sorry." I watched as he placed the black headphones back over his ears. "Now press the dark blue button to your upper left."

I did as I was told and pressed down on the button, making the track start to play over again. Being a superstar's best friend and girlfriend did have it's perks; I knew practically all there is to know about mixing boards and sound booths. There's been multiple occasions where the producer has left me to do his job for him. It was quite fun to learn the ins and outs.

After Niall had recorded his vocals for Little White Lies and some for Alive, he decided that I looked like I was drifting off, so he took me back to the hotel. He squeezed my hand tightly as we slipped past the fans that were awaiting his presense outside, as he knew I could get a bit anxious when a bunch of fans were around me. The way his fingers laced through mine, however, I knew I was safe.

Niall had become my source of security and hopefully I wouldn't have to know what it felt like to be without him. But I knew I'd have to eventually.

I called and sealed the deal with Victoria's Secret early this morning. I made sure to do it while everyone else was still sound asleep, so I wouldn't have to worry about anyone eavesdropping or hearing something I didn't want them to. I knew I'd have to tell everyone that I had gotten a serious job soon, I'm just planning it very carefully.

Niall and I have only been together for a little over two months, I couldn't possibly pack up and leave his life so soon. I have quite literally gone my whole life with him by my side, I can't just leave now.

I pushed the thoughts from my mind because I couldn't bear the thought of Niall's reaction when I tell him; I'd die if I saw him upset.

Before I knew it, we were standing outside of my room door. The blonde, whose eyes were drooping at the edges due to his drowsiness, leaned in and placed a sweet, chaste kiss to my cheek. "Goodnight, Ana."