Chapter 34

Ana was completely out of her element. She was just a kid with a dream. The Victoria's Secret team was so intimidating to her, they literally scared her. She'd been watching their fashion shows for as long as she could remember and now, with the help of a miracle, she was given the opportunity to live her dream and model with the big leagues. This could open so many doors for her, this could boost her career.

But she still wasn't sure she wanted all of that. She was so used to only being known by the boys' fans and not by the world, so it was definitely going to take some getting used to.

When she landed in Los Angeles, Victoria's Secret sent a driver to come pick her up from LAX. A driver. How fancy is that?

Granted, it is the most popular modeling chain in the world, so she knew they had money. But why waste it on some eighteen year old girl who still had to make it past auditons?

They even paid for her hotel. And it wasn't some B-rated hotel, it was a fancy ass hotel. The rooms were huge, they provided free breakfast (probably to make up for the fact that you spent all your money on a room) and had an olympic-sized heated pool.

She had a meeting this evening at a super expensive restaurant and to say she was nervous as hell was sugar coating it. The poor girl was literally shaking. But she made it there, barely breathing, and waited for whoever was supposed to meet her. She sat alone at the bar for a while until an all too familiar voice was heard.

"Ana?"

She turned at the mention of her name, very surprised at who was staring back at her. "Oh...Adriana?"

"Hey," she smiled awkwardly, sliding onto a stool next to Ana. "Um, I'm really glad you made it here safely. How was the flight?"

Ana just stared at her, not knowing why she was playing friendly at all. It was shocking, really, that Ana was even still here.

"Listen," Adriana started, placing a dainty palm on Ana's exposed knee. "I am so happy for you and Niall and I hate myself everyday for thinking I could come in between it. It'll probably take a lot for you to find it in you to forgive me, but I really am sorry for everything. When we were 'together', he treated me like a queen so I can only imagine how lucky you are to have him."

Ana just sat there, processing every word.

"Did Niall play you that song he wrote?"

"What song?"

"Hello!" They were both interrupted by a lady who introduced herself as Margot. She was already familiar with Adriana, so she was mostly speaking to Ana. However, Ana was still hung up on this song Adriana was talking about.

Niall wrote a song and didn't play it for her? But...he always plays his songs for her first.

"How'd you even find me?" Ana interrupted the lady politely. "Honestly, this doesn't feel real. You've got models from all over the world begging to take the pregnant angel's place and you want me...why?"

Margot and Adriana exchanged glances, then smiled at her. "Anyone Adriana suggests is always a keeper."

Ana looked up at her ex-friend in pure shock. "You...you recommended me?"

Adriana nodded slowly. "You're an amazing model, Ana, and I'd be robbing you if I didn't."

"I'm just going to cut to the chase," Margot said, taking a sip from her champagne glass. "We want you, Ana, to walk the runway for this years fashion show."

>>

Ana accidentally slammed the hotel room door behind her and practically belly flopped onto her bed. She buried her face into the silky white pillow and screamed.