lotus.

this chapter is so bad ugh but it'll get better trust me ty

josh shows up on time, walking into the fully-packed building filled with children and their parents. really, though: brendon was either taking the piss or just really stupid.
mcdonald's? at this time? it was full of annoying, small children.

he pulls out his phone, it opening onto the home-screen, then he clicks onto the messaging app.

josh: are you late again

brendon : babe you know me so well

he replied almost instantly, making josh scoff and roll his eyes. he could be spending this time with tyler, right now.

josh: hurry up you gay

he hears a cry from a child, followed by the yells of an angry mother. he sighs. there were too many people, he didn't like it.

josh: please. there's too many people. i don't like being on my own

as he clicks send, he looks up from his phone, seeing a taller man walk in, dark hair and a slender body. brendon.

anterior to josh speaking up, his friend interrupts him. "not today, satan."

the red head feels his cheeks darken a little. "hm. are you going to say that for as long as i have red hair, or what?"

brendon sniggers. "well, who knows. i mean, you're gay, trans, you're definitely not going to heaven, you blush a lot, you've got red hair, you listen to satanic music. you are basically the devil. you're even rubescent."

he feels himself blush even more, rolling his eyes, pouting. "sh-shut up. people might hear. are we gonna order food?" he was quite embarrassed. he didn't like talking about being queer in pubic, in any circumstance. he passed well as a cis, straight guy and feared any different, although he was the opposite (he was bi, but that wasn't the point,) he feared it being any different.

the raven haired boy bites his lip, shaking his head. "nah, dude. you are. for both of us." joshua groans, but definitely not refusing to. after all, it was his turn to pay.

"whatever."
waking over to queue to order, josh pulls out his wallet, knowing what to get his friend.

brendon, however, begins to stroll around the cafe looking for a place to sit.

soon finding somewhere to settle, he places himself, savouring a seat the further away from people as possible. he knew josh got anxious around a lot of people, but that didn't stop him encouraging his friend to try and go out and face his fears sometime. but he would be going through enough some time. brendon wasn't that harsh. and he needed to talk to josh about something, so maybe if they had enough personal space they could talk about it without being interpreted, and he could just spill his words as soon as possible.