4| You did what?

[Last edit: 26/11/2014] Dedicated to Peggychan15 for being an awesome reader of this book and for being my fellow friend and Bleach fan.

____________________

- Chapter 4 -

You did what?

Toshiro

I heard the big blast while I was at the captain's meeting. Head Captain Yamamoto instructed us to leaved immediately and go back to our Squads in order to calm everyone down. Right when I was ready to leave, I accidentally heard Ichimaru and Aizen arguing about the intruders. My suspsicious look fell on Ichimaru but I quickly ripped it off and focused on my mission; I had no time to spend on meaningless things like that.

I returned quickly to my office and noticed that Rangiku was already at the balcony. Her eyes were staring with amusement at the enormous flaming ball which was falling down on us. I spared a glance at it and noticed how weird it looked.

"What's this, Captain?" Rangiku asked me with curiosity but I just stared at the ball, squinting my eyes together in order to see a small detail. . . The ball was being separeated in four pieces and each one was taking its own way. Surprise overtook me when I realized what it really was: intruders.

I turned to Rangiku with shock written all over my face, "Rangiku, call all the members of Squad 10 here now!" My lieutenant nodded and flash-stepped out of the office, running around the barracks and yelling at everyone.

In less than 5 minutes, all the members of my division were standing in front of me and were waiting for instructions to be given to them.

"We are going to separate in two squads. Squad one, retreat your formation and follow me. Squad two, follow Rangiku Matsumoto's instructions. Dismissed." With that, everyone fastly separeated in two teams and half of the members followed me in a specific formation. 

We began roaming the streets of Seiretei and searching for any sign of the intruders but nothing was found. I ordered the rest of my members to make a quick check-up on the other team and make a further reasearch in hope we would discover something else. When they left, I began running around, seeking for something. In the next alley, I found it. A building had collapsed and a bloody body was lying among the pieces of it. A red figure was sitting besides him and I quickly recognized it as Miyori Hono, lieutenant of 3rd Division.

"Lieutenant!" I called out and began flash-stepping towards her. With each step I took, I realized Ikkaku's bad condition. He needed a fast and quick medical treatment or else. . . He could die.

The new member snapped her head towards me and a glimpse of hope could be visible in her yellow eyes. "Captain Hitsugaya!" she yelled in relief and clasped her hands in front of her mouth. The trails of tears were still on her face which meant that she was mourning for Ikkau. Could he already be dead?

As I inched closer and inspected the body of the fallen, I noticed the tight grip her hand had around his. I reluctantly removed it and patted her shoulder, "I'm going to take care of him. It is okay, he'll be alright."

"Thank you" she whispered timidly and sniffed for one last time. Suddenly, she went and picked up a wooden part which I recognized as Ikkaku's sword. When she handed it to me, I raised an eyebrow and spared her a confused look.

"He has a healing creme in there. C-can you possibly apply some of it on him?" Miyori asked with a shaking voice and I noticed that her hands were shaking too. As I examined his bruises in a closer range, I shook my head and handed her over the piece. Her yellow eyes narrowed in confusion but they were soon replaced with knowledge of the situation. 

I drapped him over my shoulder and we took our own path, the way towards the treatement rooms. I had a bad feeling for this. A really bad feeling which was growing second to second.

Miyori

After captain Hitsugaya came, we entered the treatement rooms of 4th Division and let Ikkaku in the trustworthy hands of the nurses. A bandage was wrapped around my head because obviously, the explosion which was caused by Ichigo had hurted me too. I flinched when I touched it but deeply inside me, I knew that I was just okay.

Stupid Ikkaku. I told you to stop. I told you that it was enough, I could have finished Ichigo. But you couldn't stop fighting cause you always loved fighting. Your life was full of fights.

---Flashback---

After Ikkaku and Yumichika became members of Zaraki's division, I stayed with them for a while. I couldn't go to the Soul Reaper's Academy, cause I wasn't ready yet, so I was following them around.

Their first day, they had to go on a mission with Zaraki and Yachiru, so they brought me with them. It was a giant hollow and Zaraki went first. I saw him cutting the hollow's head and the rest of the body colapsed.

He was ready to leave, when the hollow got up again, with three heads growing on his body. I stayed next to Yachiru, watching Yumichika and Ikkaku going to fight the monster.

It was the first time I saw Ikkaku fighting. I saw the passion in his eyes, the joy for fighting. From that day, I realized that Ikkaku knew why he wanted to become a Soul Reaper. To fight.

---End of flashback---

I smirked bitterly at the remembrance of his first fight. Stupid Ikkaku. You must put some barriers to restrain yourself or you'll end up being killed someday.

"Are you alright?" a gentle voice asked besides me and I turned to see a Toshiro. He was the one who helped me with Ikkaku and I'm so damn grateful to him right now.

I gave him a small smile and fiddled with my fingers, "Yeah, I'm better"

His emerald eyes wandered off and we both stared at nothing until he decided to speak up, "Do you need me to go back to your Division? I can accompany you if needed."

"No, I'll stay here and wait for Ikkaku to recover. Thanks though. For. . . for everything."

He nodded and stood up, fixing his captain robes, "Okay, got to go now." In a split second, he had disappeared out of my sight. I left a small sigh of relief when he left. I could do nothing for Ikkaku. But I could wait for him to recover and then tell him what happened after he was half-dead.

The soul reaper never left. Actually, he left but came back. I was ready to kill him with my zanpakuto, but he told me that he wanted to know where Rukia Kuchiki was. I realised that he and his friends came to save Rukia.

I held Ikkaku's hand. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned and saw the soul reaper from before. His facial expression was as serious as heck and I shot up, clutching my sword.

"What do you want?" I asked him angrily and clenched my fist.

"I...I'm Ichigo Kurosaki and I'm here to save Rukia. I didn't mean to hurt your friend but... he attacked me" the orange-headed intruder explained and let down his sword. His intentions were anything but murderous.

My eyes widened in surprise upon hearing him mention Rukia. She was going to be executed in a few days and she had no evidence to save her. Only a miracle could and it was standing right there, right in front of me,  "And how are you going to do that?"

He shrugged "I don't know. But I'm gonna do it" he said and I sweat dropped. That guy has guts.

I informed him about where she was suited. Before he left, I warned him about Ikkaku's captain. Kenpachi Zaraki, the most dangerous man around Soul Society. Now, I'm worried about the intruders and Ikkaku. Rukia will be excuted and I can't let this happen. She is the most kind-hearted Shinigami all over the Seiretei and I'm not going to let her go.

I will help the intruders and rescue Rukia.

"Lieutenant Hono?" a voice called me and I turned around to see a member of Squad 4. She smiled softly at me and pointed behind her shoulder, "Member of 11th Division, Ikkaku Madarame, is free to take visitors now."

My eyes widened in her statement and I shot up, thanking her quickly before searching for the room. Finally, I spotted the room and broke in with any force left in my body.

"Ikkaku!!"

"Miyori?"

That idiot was lying on a bed, bandages wrapped around his body and exposed torso. I slung forward and pulled him in a tight hug, only to pull back and and slap him after a minute. The Shinigami stared at me with surprise and a vein popped on his head, "Why the heck did you do this, huh!? Wanna fight?"

"You idiot!! I told you that you must have stopped!"

"Shut the hell up! I told you I got him!" 

"Yeah? Then, why are you here?" I asked playfully and crossed my arms in front of me. Ikkaku was ready to protest but he soon realized that anything he could say would be used against him so he crossed his arms too and looked away. His childish acts always pissed me off.

My gaze softened and I patted his bald head, smiling softly at him. "I'm glad you are okay"

"Huh?" 

I looked away and removed my hand; I didn't want him to hear something like that coming out of my mouth again or he would be head over heels. "Nothing! Anyway, the intruder gave me some good information."

"What? Ichigo, the guy I fought, talked to you? You must have killed him!" he stated angrily and clenched the bed sheets.

"He came to save Rukia" I explained to him and all he did was look at me with a questional look on his face. "He came to save Rukia?" he asked me and I responded with a curt nod of my head. Rescuing Rukia was something I would like to do, but I didn't have enough power to do that.

"Yeah... I told him where she is"

He looked at me with wide eyes. "You did what?" he yelled at me and I just rolled my eyes. I knew that I made a bad move, but I know that this is going to have a good result. I couldn't explain to Ikkaku right now why I gave Ichigo information, especially now that he seems pissed off and ready to attack on me.

I just rolled my eyes and walked away carefully enough not to get caught. "Miyori! Hey, come back here! Are you listening to me?" I heard Ikkaku yelling. A light smirk appeared on my face.

"Keep it a secret!!" I yelled at him and left the treatment rooms. I knew where to go now and what to do. I just need some support. That I won't find probably.

~Shinigami Book~

Ikkaku: Miyori, get the hell here! *stands up*

Nurse: Sir, please, don't get off your bed.

Ikkaku: *runs behind Miyori* Heyy!! Get here, you brat!

Nurse: *sweatdrops* Knew that would happen

Ikkaku: Miyor- *falls back from a punch*

Unohana: [who punched him] *smiles widely* We told you not to get off your bed~