19| Confession Aftermath

- Chapter 19 -

Confession Aftermath

Miyori

"Because I love you..." I whispered in a low tone, my muscles relaxing and my heart beating faster. Wait, DID I JUST SAY THAT?! My eyes widened like huge plates in the realization of the moment, hand covering my mouth to prevent the words come out from my mouth but it was already too late.

I had confessed.

My body took automatically a huge step back, just to see the reaction of the slightly taller male. Well, his reaction was the expected one that I imagined it would be. His mouth hanging open, his eyes staring at me dumbfounded and his whole body not moving a single inch.

I bit my bottom lip hard, wanting blood to appear so I could release the pain of my aching heart. His reaction was telling me everything. My crush was one-sided. He didn't like me back.

The nervous and awkward silence was broken by the sudden appearance of Toshiro's Lieutenant, Rangiku's.

"Taichou, Captain Commander sent a valuable and shocking informa--" she started saying but she was cut off by me who had turned around and passed by her, not paying attention at my surroundings.

Vision blurry, shaking hands and legs, flustered face from anger. That's everything that could describe myself that moment. I jumped off of the roof and landed on my feet-- I almost fell down because of my weak gigai but I didn't mind it that moment. All I want is everything to disappear.

Suddenly, I bumped on an unexpected visitor who was coming towards Urahara's shop. I looked up and saw Ichigo looking down at me, a small shock appearing on his until now calm face when he saw my flustered and wet from crying expression.

"Mi...yori?" he asked shocked, eyes narrowing at me in pure confusion and mouth hanging open slightly.

But I didn't stay there to explain to him my sudden change of mood. I passed by him and quickly rushed towards Orihime's house where I could feel everyone's presence.

Ba-thump.

My heart beat became faster. Toshiro had just joined them too. I ignored my obvious heart throbbing feeling which was like a pain right into my chest and flash-stepped until I entered Orihime's house. Some heads turned to look at me but they quickly turned their attention to the wide screen which was placed on the back of the living room.

I changed to my spiritual form and placed my gigai gently on the floor, then approached Ikkaku and patted his shoulder. "Ikkaku, what's the meaning of this?"

His eyes stayed glued on the screen while he was answering to me. "Head Captain Yamamoto summoned us here because of an important meeting he wanted to occur. The reasons are still unknown" the bald male explained, his dark eyes drifting finally on my tiny figure.

A small sigh escaped my mouth and I sat on the floor, torned out from the flash-stepping from before. I swear, even if Commander Yamamoto says that my reiatsu levels are abnormaly high, I don't have a shit of stamina in me. Ah, why didn't I attend some practise before I came here~?

Suddenly, the door opened with force and revealed the exhausted Ichigo who stared at us like something shocking had happened. I stared at him with surprise-- I had so many days to see him or even hear something from him that I have missed him. Despite that, I turned my attention to the flickering screen which was showing nothing but black-white lines, glimmering on the large furniture.

The screen flickered a bit more before it showed us normal surroundings from Seiretei and a tall white-haired male with a small frown on his face. Everyone recognised him with pure shock; Captain Ukitake was in the screen without the Head Captain. Not being interested at their business, I started staring at the creamy colored wall.