Bad Decisions

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.” Albert Einstein

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

Serendipity: “the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way” New Oxford American Dictionary

We're all humans and we all make mistakes. I remember reading a story in Readers Digest about a high school baseball pitcher named Cameron Hall, who by chance injured himself playing tackle football for fun one afternoon. His injuries were severe enough that he was rushed to a hospital and administered an emergency CT scan. This all happened the day before he was supposed to pitch in a tournament, in front of college scouts, where he was expected to be recruited. To injure himself like this, Cameron had to make a number of what most of us would consider bad, or unlucky decisions. As it turns out however, the CT scan revealed a colloid cyst in his brain. Fortunately the diagnosis was made soon enough to administer a successful operation and a full recovery was possible. Sometimes “bad” decisions aren't bad at all, sometimes they turn out to be the best decisions of all. As humans we can't see future results of current decisions, but we have a Maker who is watching over us, and if we trust in Him we can have faith that unfortunate events can prove serendipitous in the end.

Story taken from “From Brain Surgery to Ball Field: The Luck of a Teen Athlete” by Michael Rosenwald from Readers Digest

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake