Ode to Sleep (Pete's POV)

Patrick just came in a few minutes ago and asked if I was ok... Again. Something is worrying him and I can tell. I think he thinks that something is wrong with me and I just won't tell him. I mean I have been having a little back pain since I woke up, but it's nothing bad, so I haven't told him that.

After Patrick left, I got comfortable on the bed again and tried to get some sleep, hoping that that would maybe take some of the pain away. I dozed off about an hour after that while watching some weird show on Animal Planet, I think anyway.

I was woken up, maybe a few hours later, by a super sharp pain in my side that traveled to my back. It made me shoot straight up in bed and yell super loud. To my surprise though, Patrick didn't come shooting straight up the stairs like I thought.

The pain quickly subsided though and I steadied my breathing and just sat on the bed and realxed. About forty five minutes later though, I had the same pain, only it lasted a few seconds longer. I have to get Patrick up here.

"Patrick!" I shouted loudly.

I waited for a few more minutes and he never came up. Ok, either he left, which I doubt, or he's sleeping or something. I yelled again, but once again, he didn't come up. I had my phone on my night stand, so I grabbed it and dialed his number. It rang a few times and the a tired Patrick's voice answered the phone.

"Pete? Why are you calling me?" he asked.

"G-Get up here," I said.

"Ok," he said.

I hung up and a few seconds later, I heard Patrick come running up the stairs. He flew through the door and ran to me, looking completely scared out of his mind.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?" he asked.

"I-I think I just went into labor like forty five minutes ago," I said.

"You what?!" he asked. "Why didn't you call for me?"

"I did," I said. "Twice, but I don't know. You must have been sleeping or something."

"Oh yeah, I was," he said. "I thought I would have heard you though."

"So, um, what do we do?" I asked.

"Well, we could go to the hospital now, but I don't think you want to be there for longer than you have to," he said.

"You know me so well," I said as I chuckled.

"So, we can wait until they're about ten minutes apart and then go," he said. "Until then, I can wait up here with you and help you."

"Sounds good," I said. "You're the best."

Patrick smiled at me and then sat down beside me. He made me sit in between his legs while he rubbed my back, which felt really good actually. Patrick is the best freaking person alive.

*A/N* People are complaining that Patrick is getting bigger again.

Can they just back the fuck off?

Who cares if he is? He's still Patrick!

Grow up.