Chapter 33 - Tom

"Columbus again?" Wendy complained. She was certainly not a fan of that city. I couldn't understand her issues the town, they seemed to like the Smooth Gliders and had some good local beer.

"We have a strong fan base there," I said, moving my finger down to the next date on the list. Wendy liked Indianapolis, maybe if I moved quickly she'd forget about Columbus. "This is next year anyway. By then you'll have forgotten you hate the place."

"Never, and don't try and change the subject," Wendy said. She moved closer, her hand finding my thigh. "I have my ways old man." She fluttered her eyebrows. "Is there anything I can do to convince you to skip that cesspool?"

"It's not a cesspool," I said. Wendy's hand shifted higher, and my will began to drop dramatically. Her lips found my ear, a couple of labored breaths and nibbling on my ear. If I were a spy, the world's secrets would be hers. "I'll talk to the boys," I whispered, leaning into her lips. I could feel her smile on my neck, and the light flicks of her tongue. A shiver traveled down my back, and parts of me responded in a most animalistic way.

"Want to take this negotiation into the bedroom?" Wendy whispered. I turned my head and answered with a kiss. Damn, a few heated breaths, and she had me eating out of her hands. I strengthened. The negotiation wasn't over, not by a long shot. I knew things, ways to make her lose her concern about Columbus.

"Oh, you think so?" Wendy said, guessing what my smile meant.

"I do, and I will have my way," I said, taking her hand and leading her to the bedroom.

"Columbus is a big mountain to climb," Wendy said while skipping along with me.

"I think I'm being hustled," I said, looking back at her devious smile. It had been a while since I had worshiped her body. She laughed at my words. Yep, hustled. We'd be going to Columbus after I suffered as her toy for the night. If only I could figure out how to suffer more often.

I tossed Wendy playfully onto the bed. She didn't move a muscle and only smiled. It was like Christmas as I unwrapped my present. First one shoe, then the other. Socks are always fun, causing ticklish tremors that shoot so seductively through her body. She kicked at me, freeing her feet from the torture then lifted her hips. It only took a moment to undo and remove her pants.

A sharp pain exploded behind my eyes. I slowed, blinking my eyes, trying desperately to not break the mood. Age has a way of catching up with you, forcing you to accept your pains. I stopped a moment. "Sorry," I said, rubbing my temples.

"You too?" Wendy said. I looked up and saw her rubbing her eyes. I looked around, my nose going hyperactive.

"Gas leak?" I asked.

"I don't smell anything," Wendy said. Her nose was always better than mine. "It's fading now. Weird that we both felt it."

"Teegan," I surmised.

"I hope not, that didn't feel right at all," Wendy said, sitting up. I sat down next to her, pulling her into my arms. "You think she's in trouble?"

"Not sure. I didn't even know it worked at a distance. Maybe it's nothing." I tackled my love, pinning her to the bed. "Maybe it was God warning us to not get too sinful."

"That's your problem, sinner," Wendy said, her smile returning. "I'm the sinnee, and have blanket immunity."

"I can live with that," I said and began undoing her shirt buttons between lustful kisses. When was the last time we tangled tongues? I had to plan more trips to Columbus.

The world shifted and Wendy, the most beautiful woman in the world, shimmered in my eyes. I caressed my hand down her curves as our love merged and danced inside of us. I saw her vision of me, twenty years younger and so much more virile. Inside her, I was that man. Her eyes locked on mine as our thoughts coalesced and the truth that was us shined like a diamond in a spotlight.

"Help us," Teegan thought. There was something wrong with her song. I could feel other bright songs and a strange one that was darker, less rhythmic than the rest. They were trying to drown it out.

"Love me," Wendy said. Her eyes were on fire, and I knew it was our answer. Our lips met, and our love exploded down the link. Darkness be damned, our music was pure and loud.