Chapter 24

Eliazo, 10AM

I never looked back, and when I reached our dorm, I never opened the door to anyone trying to talk to me.

To be honest, I am also shocked by the way I am ignoring these people. Through the years, I was always the one who forgive quickly, I often give people benefit of the doubt, I'm a firm believer of good thing even in the most evil people. I never knew heartbreak could turn me into my coldest, cruelest version.

I stared at the ceiling, remembering the people who already tried: Mich's kind voice, Denden's determination, Jia's diplomatic approach, Ate Ella's comedic way of trying to come in, none of them succeeded. All of them ended up telling me to just approach them whenever I am ready. I wish I could tell them that even myself have no idea when will I ever be.

Until Ly's voice and soft knocks happened.

I don't know why I found myself opening my door, and she was also shocked herself when she saw me. But it was Alyssa Valdez, and she's not herself if she'll not show me one of the brightest smiles I've ever seen. Smiles that can melt even the toughest thing. So I melted.

She quietly went inside my room and sat on the bed. She looked around while I remained standing, leaning at the door. I watched her picking up the bear beside my pillow.

"ThirB is such a witty name, Bea." she said, smiling brightly at me. "Ano ba 'yan, tabihan mo naman ako dito. I missed you."

Suddenly, memories of us flashed before my eyes. The way she warmly welcomed me in the team, the way she will hug me after a long day of practice, the way she encourages me, the way she believed in me when everyone said I can't. It's just now that I realized for how many times she brought out the best in me as a team mate and as a friend. She's the big sister I never had.

I took a quick few steps and I hugged her, crying.

"Ssssh..." she softly said, rubbing my hair and my back.

"I'm sorry for running away over and over.." I whispered in between my sobs. "It was just too hard and too much and I don't know what to do anymore."

For a few minutes, we just sat there, her comforting me and continuously wiping my cheeks. We didn't say a word. When I calmed down, I lay on my bed, my head resting on her lap.

"Nag-enjoy ka ba?" I nodded. "Kwentuhan mo naman ako sa mga naging adventures mo." she insisted.

So I told her about my whole trip, the people I met, the places I went to. I told her about how each place changed something in me, made me rethink about my life, and almost healed me. All throughout, she's just listening and laughing about my funny anecdotes, saying "Awww.." about the inspiring locals that I've met, and then she insisted of going back with the whole team.

"You and Kief are together, right?" I suddenly asked her. I saw her blushing, and I laughed. "What a twist of fate."

"Ikaw kasi, umalis ka kaya di ko na nakwento sa'yo. Galit ka ba?"

"What? No!" I exclaimed. "Well, I get it na you'll think I'll be mad because we had something before. But I'm not Ly. Kiefer was special to me, and he is special until now but I realized that he is because I found a mentor in him. He might saw me then as someone he wants to be romantically involved with but will I fall in love this hard to another man if I really love him?"

She nodded, understanding what I want to say. "Ikaw naman magkwento paano nangyari?" I asked her.

So she told me about their whole Baguio trip, the amazing race, the challenges. Their misunderstanding and how they fixed it. She told me about their past, and I was quite amazed about how everything fell into proper places for them.