Epilogue - Part 1

Fragments

Epilogue - Daily Dose

Apologies for disappearing on you, lol. Enjoy:)

..

I stare at the table as Dexter approaches his mate, another even heavier wave of guilt hitting my chest. God, not this please. Fuck! Mates are everything. If he finds out his mate and I... he would be distraught. Pissed. It would for sure end our friendship.

Lane stands up quickly and I look at him, his lips parted a little. He... he was ecstatic. He had been waiting for his mate for a long time... but then his eyes flick to me and I see him shut down immediately. His eyes snap to the floor as he tenses, Dexter letting out a breath. "What are... Where..." he huffs a breath, "Milo?" he urges.

I lick my lips slowly, "He was... from Mark's pack" I say and I watch Dexter tense up in return, his eyes locking on his mate. I clutch the table, "He was hurt I just as much as me."

Dexter swallows before taking a small step, Lane's breath hitching a little. He approached until Lane had to tilt his head up and his hand trembled as Dexter reached for it, curling their fingers. Then Lane all but sinks against Dexter when he pulls him into his body, his eyes watering as he looked at me through Dexter's arm.

Our eyes meet and we knew. We knew they couldn't ever find out.

.

"I'm leaving" Gage says as he walks into the kitchen, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked us over. Cody and Ollie were basically trying to talk to Lane, who sat stiff in his chair. Dexter stuck awfully close and I couldn't even look at him.

God, this was fucking messed up.

I look up at Gage, as do the others, and nod slowly as I stand. He waves his arm in dismissal, "Don't stand. I know the way. I'm glad you're back home, Milo. It may have taken us too long, but you are home."

"Thanks for helping" I murmur and exhale slowly, "It... Thanks" I finally sigh out. "I'm in debt with you" I add.

Gage smirks at me, "You are" he says and tilts his head to the door, "I will be taking the other rogue for further investigation. I believe you'll be staying with this one" his eyes go to Lane, who looks down as Dexter stood beside him. He turns back to me, "If you need me, give me a call. I'm definitely not too far away. Just don't need me" he snorts.

I stand up and follow him to the front, where he would be leaving. I hear Aaron follow and so do the others because Lane obviously was skittish beside his mate. Will is walking towards the door and my eyes land on him, as he approaches me, touching my elbow before I let him tug me close as he stops beside me.

Gage gives Will a nod, who nods in return and he turns to the cars waiting for him, crossing his arms. I hear a little commotion before faint laughter meets my ears and I turn just as the rogue was being brought forward. It was the buff man, the one that broke my finger and I itched to murder him. His eyes turn to Will as he jerks, the two wolves holding him bringing him up to us. His eyes travel to Lane, who tenses beside Dexter, who had an arm on his shoulder.

The man smirks, "I see you're both well adjusting to being here" he snorts before his eyes turn back to me and he tilts his head, "I wonder if you've told them already, little alpha. You were a bad little alpha" he snorts and I feel my heart sink when I realize... this was the man urging Lane to ride me. This was the man that made Lane... do what he did. A sudden wave of nausea made me feel like I was going to be sick and my chest heaves in a small breath. I manage to see Lane pull away from Dexter, who frowns as Lane's eyes water.

No. No, no, no!

My fist curls as I feel my panic build up, "Get him out" I choke out, shuddering.