chapter 9

i wake up in the arms of Robert. i feel calmer around him. i like that feeling. 

i stay in his arms as long as i can until someone knocks at the door.

"hey Robert we need you in the training area. some females are trying to str-"

"SHUT UP!" Robert yells scaring me. i whimper in his arms. he places his hand on my cheek and calms me.

"suit yourself. more for us." the person says and i can hear him laughing as he leave.

"what are they talking about Robert?" i say to him.

he grunts then says "nothing o f your business." and gets up out of bed. he puts  shirt on and walks out. i get up and put on a shirt and shorts.  i walk to the door expecting it to be locked. but it was open. i walk out to find Robert standing at the door.

"hey." i say.

"good-morning my little paws." he says to me. "i oh you a tour from yesterday." he says. i smile and say "lead the way." 

he takes my hand and shows me the gym, medical bay, kitchen, housing rooms, his office, the ballroom, the living room, the movie room, etc. finally we finished the tour and went to the kitchen. he picked me up and put me on the counter. a person walks in and stops. "hey Robert who's that?" the person says. i move towards Robert scared to know if i should answer or stay quiet.  i speak up.

"im hope. Roberts mate." i say to the person. i have to admit he was quite cute. Robert growls and i scootch away from him and get down and put my hand out to shake the persons hand. he just sorta stares at my hand. "do you know how to shake my hand?" i say. i start to smell anger coming from Robert

'he knows how to shake your hand hes just asking me and that is rude of you to say that to him ill need to punish you when we get back to your room hope you know that right?' Robert mind links me. 

'no i did not know that alpha' i say trying to be as sarcastic as i can be in the mind link.

.  the person shakes my hand and says "im beta mason, how has your stay been here?"

"great, its so wonderful here." i lie.

" we have to go mason." Robert says to mason. "oh well its nice to meet you hope." mason says. i smile and nod my head. in a flash Robert picks me up and were in my bedroom. 

"you made about 5 mistakes in there. i have to punish you now. i hate doing that, but its the only way you know." he almost yells at me.

"wh-w-hat did i do?!" i say.

'sat on the counter  without permission, didn't ask permission to have a granola bar, didn't let me introduce you as accustomed in this pack, insulted the beta, interrupted me, denied a direct command. do i need to go on?' he mind links me.

then he picks something up from his side of the bed. a choker made of metal. i start to back away. he walks towards me and i see the silver lining in the choker.  

"ROBERT. NO PLEASE NO PLEASE NO PLE-" he grabs my hair and brings me to my knees and puts the choker on.  i scream and whimper in pain. it feels like a burning iron rod was on my neck i whimper out trying to get it off, my hands get burned.  and i feel so much hatred and rejection as he walks out of the room and slams the door. my tears fall into the choker, putting salt into the wounds of the burns. the little water from that help the burning sensation subside. i whimper and cry on the floor as the burning intensifys. i curl into a ball and cry and whimper trying to numb the pain.

"HOPE!" i hear someone scream and i feel arms pick me up right as i black out.