49| christmas party

"Okay, sorry. Um, kidding."

Y/N POV

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes. I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas Party? Yes." Hermione rambled, for the thousandth time.

Apparently Ron really got to her. I feel bad.

I hopped up on the counter of the library desk, letting my legs hang off and freely move.

"Anyway, its you we have to worry about." Hermione said to Harry, while putting library books back on the shelf.

When Hermione wasn't looking, I got up and walked over to Harry.

"I'm so sorry, I wish I would've asked you. But I have a very important reason for asking him. I'm sorry." I whispered in his ear.

He smiled at me sympathetically.

"It's okay." He said and smiled.

I then walked back over and sat up on the counter before Hermione turned around.

"You can't just take anyone." I said, running my hands through my hair.

"Right. See that girl over there?" Hermione asked, pointing to a girl sitting in the corner, who was looking at Harry.

Harry nodded.

"That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion." Hermione said.

"Really?" Harry asked, his eyes widening. He couldn't stop staring at her.

"Hey!" I said, snapping my fingers in front of his face. "Focus."

"She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One." Hermione said.

"But I am the Chosen One." Harry said, smirking.

Hermione then whacked Harry with a paper.

"Okay, sorry. Um, kidding." He said. "I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool."

"You should take Luna!" I suggested.

"That's a great idea, y/n!" He said and smiled.

"Loony Lovegood?" Hermione asked, lifting one of her eyebrows.

"Yes. But don't call her that." I said sternly.

"Okay, okay." She said and raised her hands up in defeat.

───────────────

"Hello, gorgeous." Cormac said, kissing my hand, causing me to naturally blush. "Wow, you look good."

I was currently wearing a tight, mid-length red dress with a pair of black heels. A little sexy, yes, I know, I may have gone overboard, but I needed to look good.

"Thank you." I said and smirked.

He swung his arm around my shoulder as we made our way into the large room.