Chapter Twenty-Six

Voices were heard outside her room causing Rose to quietly tip-toe over to the door. Pressing her ear to the door she focused in on what they were saying, "Be quiet or she shall hear you."

A female voice replied to the deep man's, "Hear me? She's weak and slowly dying."

"Is it working?"

"Of course it is. She's lost her will to live. My darling sister believes her beloved Peaky Blinders tried to kill her. She does know that we're poisoning her. Quite ironic when you think about it."

"Have you spoken to your father?"

The girl sighed and Rose almost smiled about what Charlotte said next, "No, he still does not fully trust me. Even after everything I have done I shall never be the Poisoned Rose."

"Would you want to be the Poisoned Rose?" The man asked her, "She's now dying. Why would you want to be like her?"

"Because everyone loved her, she was always the favourite. I was always the forgotten sister, I hate her."

"Do you know the plan?"

"What plan?"

The man laughed, "What plan? The plan to kill the Peaky Blinders."

"No, what is it?"

The man spoke even more quietly, "The ball will take place as usual. Rose will be there too, it shall be your role to look after her."

"Why does she have to be there?"

"Because then she shall die again in front of the Peaky Blinders and make them feel the grief once more."

Her sister moved closer towards him due to her sudden interest, "How?"

"With poison."

"And the Peaky Blinders?"

"After witnessing her death, they shall be escorted to the room where your father shall be waiting and he will begin to talk to them, and they will then be killed."

"How?"

"We'll shoot them all, of course."

Charlotte giggled, "And who will poison Rose?"

"You."

Rose rolled her eyes before smirking to herself. Weak. Even though she was the one stuck in a room without company, she was not the weak one. Still, her sister was letting her jealousy overcome her, and because of that she was going to get herself killed.

Quickly, Rose lay back down on her bed and allowed herself to smile, she was not going to be poisoned. Oh no. It had been too long since she had truly been the Poisoned Rose so now she was ready to come out in full force. 

Her dear, dear family, were not going to know what had hit them. 

She knew everything about their plan, it was the same one with every enemy of theirs. And she had always been involved, been in centre stage, so now it was time to undermine it all. To show them no one was unstoppable. Even the Crawford family could fall. 

For now, she would continue to act weak and appear to be dying but in reality she would be plotting and getting all the things she needed. 

As there was one thing she promised, one family were going to die that night and it wasn't going to be the Shelbys'.