Chapter Fifty-Nine

"You've cleaned the place up since I last came." Rose commented as she looked around at the warm and welcoming interior, "No more rats?"

Finn laughed as he glanced over his shoulder at his sister in law, "All gone. It was quite fun. We played a game with them. You would never be able to guess who killed the most rats."

"Ignore him Rose." Michael said, standing up to greet her, "All he ever goes on about is how he has the best aim out of us all here."

Rose smiled at the boys, "That shall be useful when it comes to fighting."

"Of course it will, I'll be the best fighter out of all of us."

"I wouldn't go that far, how well is your hand combat? Are you good when there are no weapons involved?" Rose questioned Finn and smiled slightly when she saw him look down, "So instead of shooting everything, you need to practice actual fighting. It shall be very useful soon."

"Of course Rose." Finn replied before sitting down at the table, "Shall we get started then, we have a fight to prepare for."

Michael and Rose shared a look before sitting down too. "How's John? Has he fully recovered yet?" Finn asked her suddenly, "He's okay, isn't it?"

Rose nodded her head, "Yes, he is stronger than what he used to be. I think the weather suits him."

"Does Tommy know?" Michael asked, "Or even suspect."

"No. He believes John to be dead and he shall not know until John reveals himself."

"Reveals himself?"

"Yes."

"When?"

"When you next fight."

"When are we next fighting?"

"A week tomorrow."

The two boys stared at her, "You have everything planned, don't you?"

Rose grinned at them both, "Of course I do. The only way to prepare for what is coming is to know what is coming."