Chapter 6: Almighty Minecraft Mind Thing In Twilight's Brain

Twilight Sparkle

"Wow. This wasn't as far as I'd thought it would be!" Pinkie exclaimed.
We had walked for about ten minutes or so from the unfinished Epic Jump Map, past some crazy sights of Minecraftia, like a forest full of square trees, open lava craters and a small, natural floating island made up of about fifteen blocks!
Now Bodil, Pinkie and I were walking up a tall hill. A large, gray stony building was visible at the top that was undoubtedly the prison.
"Yeah, I know my way around Minecraftia," Bodil said with a chuckle.
We reached the top of the prison and got a better look at the gloomy facility.
Behind the prison I could see a bridge that hung off a steep cliff. Weird.
"Wonder if anyone besides your friends are using the prison..." Bodil muttered.
Using the prison?
The prison is not an actual jail. It is a place where many Minecraftians gather to play a game called Cops N' Robbers in, Edit replied instantly.
Well, I hadn't been asking him, I was just wondering. But thanks anyway, Edit.
Just then, as we approached the building, sirens blared from inside the building.
"Ah! Did we do that?!" I yelled, jumping back. Bodil didn't look as startled. "No, someone must be using it," he called, and headed toward the building.
Pinkie and I followed, the sirens growing louder as we approached.
Just then, we saw two figures appear from behind the building, near the cliff bridge. They both turned around and headed for the strange bridge, but one did a quick glance behind him, hesitated when he noticed us, and called the other back, who had already started dashing for the bridge.
"Hey, I know them!" Bodil exclaimed, his voice hard to hear over the sirens.
He made his way towards the two, who were both walking up to us now. Closer, I could now make out their features.
One had light brown hair, darker brown eyes, and wore a black and red checkered hoodie over a white long sleeved shirt with blue jeans and red sneakers.
The other wore a black suit with a bright red tie. His face and hands were covered in thick brown fur.
I was wondering why they looked so familiar, until I remembered what Edit had told me about how our Minecraftian friends were supposedly at the prison with our pony friends.
"Mitch? Jerome?" I asked in near disbelief. I was very surprised at how much they resembled the yellow pegasus who had accidentally saved Princess Celestia's life, and the fluffy brown earth pony who had nearly chopped off one of the tentacles of the Derpollolus Squid Overlord by throwing a diamond axe he called 'Betty' at it like a boomerang.
"Hey, we found Twilight and Pinkie!" The Minecraft version of Jerome said as though he had found a spare Bit on the ground.
"And they brought the Bodil!" Mitch exclaimed.
"I'm guessing you guys found our friends?" I asked, noticing how they weren't too surprised to see their trans-dimensional friends from six months ago.
"Yeah! They're inside, with everyone else. Mitch and I came out here to look and see if you two were out here," Jerome exclaimed. "Pfff...riiiight..." Mitch chuckled. Jerome glared at him. "Did you make me sneak outside so we could escape to the boat?! You told me you were going to look for Twilight and Pinkie!"
Mitch ignored Jerome. "Anyway, glad we found you! Let's get back inside to everyone else! You too, Bodil!"
"Wait, so you guys set the alarm off?" Bodil asked. Jerome nodded happily. "Yeah buddy! We snuck off to go look for these two while the others were asking their friends how they got here!"
Pinkie tilted her head. "So how did they get there?" She asked.
Mitch shrugged with a big grin. "We don't know! We snuck away!"
We had gotten used to the blaring sirens by now, but they were still there, and as we were walking back inside, the door burst open and a Minecraftian wearing strange glowing blue and white armor came out with a cyan sword held up threateningly. "Jerome! Mitch! Bodil! Get back in-wait...Bodil?" he asked. Under the helmet I could see that there was another helmet covering his whole face- a blue one with orange glass on the front. Jason!
"Hello, there!" Bodil said and chuckled. "Ooh! You're Jason, right? Remember me? Pinkie?" Pinkie bounced excitedly around, not at all intimidated by his menacing sword.
"Pinkie? And Twilight? Thank Notch we found you! Your friends are worried.
"Yeah, Jerome and I left to go find them," Mitch explained, "and we did!" Jerome rolled his eyes.
"Uh, okay. Let's get back inside and shut these stupid alarms off. And, um, not to sound rude but why is Bodil here?" He looked over at him confusion. "Honestly, we don't know either," Jerome said and looked over at me for an explanation. Bodil chuckled.
"We'll explain to you, and everyone else, once we get inside. And SHUT UP THESE STUPID ALARMS!" I yelled over the sirens, once again becoming annoying.
●※●
"So, Twilight has the amulet," Ty stated.
"Yeah," Rainbow said.
"And Rarity can't track the portal thingy with her horn," he continued.
"Yep," Applejack agreed.
"So...How are we gonna find the portal?"
Silence.
Everyone was gathered around one of the long wooden tables in the mess hall of the prison. We had greeted Adam, Ty, Quentin, and Ian, all who also surprisingly resembled their pony selves I had first known them as, introduced Bodil to Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow, met Jordan and Bashur, and explained to everyone how Pinkie and I had not spawned in the prison, but in Bodil's Epic Jump Map.
"Didn't you say 'Bodil 40' when you read the sign?" Adam had said, pretending to look crushed. "Well, Pinkie did scream at him a lot. She was very excited to meet him," I replied, wondering if I was supposed to scream 'Bodil 40.' (For the first time, Edit the Minecraft Dictionary had no comment.)
"Don't worry, we got dis," Ty had said, as him and Adam had walked over to Bodil.
Adam took a deep breath.
"BODIL 40!!!!!!!!!!!!" he had schreeched.
"BODIL 40!!" Ty had chorused in. Adam then punched Bodil in the arm, hard, but it didn't seem to have hurt Bodil a lot. Basically, the whole scene had ended with Bodil laughing hysterically on the floor, everyone else laughing hysterically at his laugh and Adam and Ty's act.
Anyway. Back to business.
Everyone was silent at Ty's question. No one had really thought of how we would find the portal without Rarity's ability to sense the Gem.
How did Minecraftians before us do it?
Was there even a portal?
Suddenly, Pinkie gasped and practically leaped onto the long wooden table.
"EDIT!" she declared happily.
More silence. Awkward silence, this time.
"...whooo?" Bashur asked.
"Oh! Twilight! You never told them about Edit!" Pinkie gasped, turning to me.
"How can Edit help us?" I asked her. "Can you tell us who 'Edit' is, first?' Ian asked. Oh, right.
"Uh, so when I woke up in the Epic Jump Map course, I soon found out that, well, there's this...voice. Inside my head. His name is Edit, and he says he's a, uh, Minecraftian Spirit, and he's been very helpful with us so far," I explained awkwardly, knowing I sounded like an idiot. Which I hated.
Everyone stared at me. Except for Pinkie, who was being practically pulled off the tabletop by Rainbow.
"You...sure you're not, like, injured from traveling to Minecraftia or anything, Twilight?" Quentin asked, raising an eyebrow.
They all think I'm hyperventilating or something! I thought angrily.
Do you really need them to believe you about me? Edit asked.
Of course! Otherwise they'll think I'm mad!
Well, you could tell them that I know a lot about Minecraftia. Just do what I tell you...
"Edit has been helping me because he knows a lot of things about Minecraftia that I sure don't know, and some of you all might not know, either. Like..." I paused as Edit began to list facts he knew for me to say out loud. Some facts didn't even make sense to me, but sounded legitimate.
"Creepers are related to Pigs. It is possible to get five blocks of wool from a sheep. Wolves do not attack Creepers. You can't shoot Endermen with arrows. Emeralds are the rarest ore to find. Ghasts are related to cats. Spider dungeons are rarer than zombie and skeleton's..." I went on listing a bunch of random facts that hardly made any sense to me at all until Edit stopped giving me them. He must have ran out.
"...Holy crap, Twilight, what was that?" Jerome asked bewilderedly.
"What does all that stuff even mean?" Applejack asked with a frown.
"I don't know. It's all just stuff Edit told me," I said with a shrug. Please just don't think I'm psycho...
"Well, uh, that was kinda random, but I don't think that she's making the Minecraftian Spirit thing up," Jason said.
Everyone murmured in stunned agreement.
"So, how can the Almighty Minecraft Mind Thing In Twilight's Brain help us?" Rainbow Dash asked.
"Well, if Edit knows so much about Minecraftia, maybe he knows a little thing or two about where we have to go for the portal!" Pinkie explained cheerily.
Oh.
"That could actually work," Jordan pointed out.
"Okay, so let's have Twilight consult the Almighty Minecraft Mind In Twilight's Brain!" Mitch said, sticking with the nickname Rainbow had given to Edit.
Okay, happen to know anything on portals? How to find them? I asked.
Ah, aren't you wearing Herobrine's Gem? Edit asked.
Yes, but with no magic I can't-
West.
Uh...what?
You have to go West, Twilight.
West it is.
"Edit says we have to go West," I told everyone.
Rarity raised an eyebrow. "How does he know?" she asked. "Uh, I think he can sense the Gem's pull like you could," I guessed.
"Edit sounds coooool," Bashur said in awe.
"So, we're going to just head West?" Adam asked everyone, getting up.
I blinked at him. "You're coming with us?" He stared back. "Yeah," he said obviously. Mitch looked calmly over at me and the rest of my five best friends. "You guys saved our lives when we got sent to Equestria. Probably more than once. Why wouldn't we help you?" he asked.
I took a second to soak in what he had said as everyone else got up out of their seats.
"You three are comin' along, too?" Applejack asked Bodil, Jordan and Bashur. They all nodded. "It sounds like fun," Bashur said excitedly.
"Why not step in to help?" Jordan asked.
"We're gonna go on a bug adventure probably," Bodil said.
Applejack sighed.
I got up out of my seat, too, and followed everyone out of the prison's mess hall.
Even if some of them might not be the brightest, I thought, All of these guys are instantly willing to help us. Even if they weren't on the adventure in Equestria six months ago. They are all truly good friends.
I could have sworn I heard Edit make a neutral grunt.
But it may have just been Quentin complaining to Ian about how Adam had called him a fish.