Chapter 24: My Minecraft Pony, Cliffhangers are Magic

Adam

Oh, how I loved this plan.
I never thought I would get this far, actually...
But we were already on our way to Herobrine, so it's a win-win situation!
Let's see, so we needed to get to Herobrine to save Twilight and stop him from doing something evil...I actually didn't know what he was doing. Luna never told us. Well, can't ask her now. She was busy being me.
We walked in silence down twisted corridors until we came to a large, fancy iron door.
"This is his throne room," the skeleton explained. "He should be here."
He led us in, but there was nobody on the large obsidian throne in the center of the room.
"Hm? Oh, maybe he has already started..." the skeleton muttered.
"Started what, sir?" I asked, but the skeleton shook his head. "Cannot tell. But he would probably want the tributes for it, so follow me..."
Aaand basically, we walked around the large gloomy obsidian tunnels again until my feet started hurting.
We seemed to be going up, with staircases and stuff, until we stopped at a stone wall with a button.
"Hey, that's the door to the arena," Bash exclaimed, but Fluffy II gave a terrifying snarl and shut him up.
The skeleton turned, and led us up an obsidian staircase next to he wall. There was something above the arena, or this led to the Hero Games itself.
At the top was another iron door, smaller this time. The skeleton flicked a switch and opened the door. Luna/me gasped behind me.
It looked like some kind of mad scientist lab, with all kinda of stuff like brewing stations, crafting benches, enderchests, enchantment tables.
There was a beacon in the center, and its usual light blue color was a deep blueish-violet color. The beam was fixed on a pile of cages in a corner of the room, with Herobrine standing next to the beacon.
I instantly recognized Twilight on one of the cages, who was sitting down weakly, but looked over everyone with surprise and fear, but confusion when she looked at me and my dogs.
All the other cages were empty except for one cage two cages to the right of Twilight's. Whoever it was in the cage, I couldn't see, was surrounded by the Beacon's beam.
The skeleton seemed to know what was happening, for he just calmly stepped back and out if the room. Gee, thanks.
"We're too late," Luna whimpered.
Herobrine whipped around.
"Well, well! What are these? My escaped tributes? I was wondering where they went. Not really. But they could be useful to me."
He didn't even thank me, how rude of him.
"Now!" Luna hissed.
"Go fourth, my doges!" I hollered, and the dogs instantly went for Herobrine, ignoring our friends.
Everyone pulled out their iron swords they had been keeping, but Herobrine laughed, and with a snap of his fingers the dogs disappeared into thin air. Aw...
"You're too late, idiots," he chuckled.
"Nice disguise, Adam. And you, other Adam, not sure who could be under that disguise, but we'll find out in time." He snapped his fingers again, and suddenly my suit was a cloak again, I was holding a brown cowboy hat, I was wearing headphones and there was a tie in my eye.
Suddenly, the beacon's beam stopped, and whoever was in the cage near Twilight was shrouded in blue-black mist.
It gave a booming, terrifying laugh, and shot up into the air, through the cage and the roof in the lab. Turns out the roof was only a few blocks underground.
"WHOA, WHAT?" Jerome yelled, perfectly summarizing how we all felt right now.
"I told you it was too late," Herobrine said, and snapped his fingers again. The rest of the roof slowly slid out until there was no more roof. We were in a large pit where the chests used to be in the Hero games spawn. Above, a full moon was high in the sky, which was strange because last time I was outside there was only a half-moon and it was just dawn.
The figure that had shot up from its cage was hovering in the night sky and in the moonlight I could make out some of its features. It was a minecraftian, with full gleaming diamond armor and huge black feathered wings.
"WHAT THE ___ IS THAT?!" Bodil cursed.
Luna, who was still Adam, was frozen, staring at the figure with pure fear. However, she somehow found her voice and spoke.
"It's Nightmare Notch."