Chapter 13: Giant Glass Dome

Pinkie (oh, this will be fun)

So I've been following two of the most dangerous mobs in minecraft to an 'arena' where hopefully our friends will be so we can save them from whatever they need to be saved from with a Bacca and a Melon the whole night?

I could totally write a song about this!

As we trekked through the swamp, dawn beginning to take over the night sky, following the creeper and enderman in the distance up ahead, I started humming a tune for the song I could make in my head.

Bash turned to look at me. "What are you humming?" he whispered confusedly.

I smiled at him. "A song I made up!" Bash raised his eyebrows. "Whoa, you wrote a song?" I nodded and began to whisper-sing:

Following the minecraft mobs,

Not because it is our jobs,

But because we gotta save,

All our minecraft friends today!

Bacca, Melon and a pony,

Together we are far from lonely,

And we have to rescue everyone,

From a weird arena, oh boy-what fun!

Bash and Jerome stared at me.

"You...just made that song now," Jerome said quizzically. I giggled. "Pff! No, silly, that's just the first verse."

"Guys, look!" Bash exclaimed, pointing in the direction of the creeper and the enderman.

They had stopped walking up ahead, and we quickly stopped, too.

The sun began to rise in the horizon, and the enderman quickly stepped under a tree's shadow for some reason.

Now, since the sun was coming up, we could see better. And now that we could see better, we were able to notice the top of a giant glass dome in the distance.

"Whoa," Jerome breathed. "Is that what I think it is?" I tilted my head. "If you're thinking that that's a big glass dome, you're thinking right!" I told him. He shook his head. "No, it looks like-" he was cut off as the sound of wild cheering and applauding came from the direction of the glass dome.

My instinct screamed "OHMYGOODNESSIT'SAPARTY!" But something told me this wasn't a party, considering this probably had something to do with our friends being captured.

The creeper and enderman started heading towards the dome again. The enderman teleported from tree shadow to tree shadow, while the creeper just walked on normally.

We continued to follow the mobs in silence, until they stopped in front of the large glass dome. On the other side seemed to be just a normal forest.

We stopped when they stopped, many yards behind them.

"This is it?" The enderman muttered from under a nearby tree. The creeper snorted. "What else could it be?"

"Then what do we do?" the Enderman asked. As if on cue, a small hole opened up in the ground (much like the large pit that swallowed up our friends) and out climbed a tall dark gray skeleton wearing full iron armor.

"A Wither Skeleton!" Bash whispered, alarmed.

The skeleton grunted and held out a bony hand. The creeper walked over to the Enderman, a few feet away under the tree. The enderman gave the creeper the map from before, and the creeper handed the map over to the wither skeleton.

The skeleton took the map and nodded. The hole behind him that he had appeared out of grew bigger, and we could see even from far away that a staircase was in the hole that led down underground to somewhere.

The three mobs quickly went down the dark stairs.

"What do we do? Follow them?" Jerome asked. "Of course! The hole's closing up!" Bash replied, and beckoned to where the ground was beginning to reappear around the staircase. "Hurry, let's go!" I exclaimed and bounced over to the dome.

We made it down just in time as the last blocks closed up around the staircase.

Underground it was dark, but the occasional torch lit the way for us. We went down the stairs, which surprisingly went down for a while, until we came to a hallway. There were no other doorways connecting to the hall, just one straight long tunnel.

We walked quietly down the hall, the three mobs just in sight way ahead of us.

Eventually, they stopped far up ahead, so we stopped too.

It looked as if they had stopped at a wall up ahead, but then the Wither reached out and touched the wall, and the stone shrank back to reveal a doorway. Instantly the booming sounds of many voices talking and cheering erupted from the other side as the door opened. The three walked through, and we ran as fast as we could to catch up to the door in case it closed.

Once we had reached the doorway, we stopped dead. I gasped in astonishment.

We were standing at the top of a humongous underground stadium. Seats in front of us were filled with mobs if all kinds, the seats slowly sloping down into a flat arena below. We didn't have to be worried about being noticed, since it was incredibly loud with all the mobs cheering and talking, and they were all looking down at the arena below.

What shocked me most was what was in the arena below. There was a small perch, closer to the arena than any of the mob's seats, where a familiar figure stood, watching the arena intently-HEROBRINE! That big meanie!!!

As if that wasn't enough, in the arena was what seemed to be like a large flat pool of liquid, presenting an image-as if by magic- of a circle of platforms on a grassy field surrounded by trees, with chests in the middle. We watched in shock as figures rose up out of the platforms-our friends!!

Herobrine laughed, his voice booming throughout the stadium as if he were using a microphone-but there was no microphone to be seen. On the magic arena-screen below, our friends jumped and looked around, meaning they must be able to hear him, too. Were they in the dome above us?!

"Welcome," he addressed his large mob crowd, "to the first annual Hero Games!"