Chapter 15: Astrid Helps Out

Astrid's POV
I race to Ells. She's the first one I'm asking about for classes then anybody else. She was on the top of my mind right now. Anyways, she's the nicest person I know so far!

"Oh, I'm just... you know, going to Mr. Coal for my classes. How about you?" She asks me. She sounded a little concerned. I hope everything is ok.

"Mrs. Moon for me. She seems a little mysterious..." I said. Then, things got awkwardly quiet between us.

That's when it hit me. Something isn't right. I should probably ask about this.

"Also, just curious. Our last class, if I recall correctly, was supposed to be with someone besides our main teacher. In this case, Mr. Coal. So, why are you paired up with him? Hmm?" I asked, being curious as always.

"I...umm...well..." She said to me. Oh! This must be something private. Something... secretive.

"You must promise not to tell anybody this. Not even the people in our mini team can know." She said, looking at me with those bright, beauti– her eyes. Just her eyes.

I need to stop doing that! This is the third time I've done that since I've met her!

"Uhh... yeah, of course! Cross my heart!" I said, staring back into her eyes... her eyes.

"Ok." She said, taking a deep breath.

"While you guys were unconscious, Mr. Coal took me to his office. He told me it was because of some sort of tutoring. But, he said it wasn't because of my knowledge, so... I'm not exactly sure..." she said, sounding really worried now.

So, I went ahead and told her what I honestly felt about it. What I truly need to say spilt out of my mouth.

"Don't worry, Ells. Everything is going to be ok. Anyways! Your Ells! I've only known you for one day, but what I do know is this. When you are around, things always get a lot more interesting." I said.

After I said it, a little blush brightened on my cheeks.

I heard the first bell rang, and I ran off to class. I cannot be late! Especially on my first class!

"Good luck, Ells!" I yelled, as I saw her walking to class, which was right next to her.

As I raced to class, my cheeks brightened up a lot more.

I think I did the right thing...

Hopefully I did the right thing...

Ells' POV
I walking to class, my cheeks burning up.

That was really nice of him to say... One of the nicest things I've heard in a long time. From anybody!

I heard the door shut behind me, and I looked to see...

To... see...

"Well, it looks like I was right. She really is the Keye."

"M-Mrs. Kuro!" I said, shocked.