Chapter 67: Mizu Distortion

No POV
Something warm slowly wrapped itself around Ells' waist, as it smiled warmly.

"So, Ells, we are here. We made it."

"Yeah... Look like we did..." Ells said, turning around to see one other then Astrid. Her face was bright red with embarrassment. But, also, with something else... love...

"I'm glad that you're happy... I like this part of you a lot..." He said, giving Ells a kiss on the forehead. Her face flushed a deeper shade of crimson red, as she looked into his flaming red eyes.

"Oh Astrid," Ells said softly, "Thank you... for helping Simon and the others." Ells was grinning from ear-to-ear.

She couldn't escape it. The love that she felt for Astrid. It was real... But, no matter what, she can't let it consume her...

"Come on, lovebirds! Quit being all lovey dovey! We have a new world to explore!" Dimitry explained happily.

"We made it!" Hunter said, smiling as he ran around like a little kid.

So, after Simon told the group on how they had to be more "mature", they started walking to the city. To the castle. To Ells' father.

On the way there, they looked around, and gasped at all of the new sites. Astrid kept explaining on how he wanted to take pictures of every single little thing! The sky, the fields, the animals! Something new in Astrid just opened. Literally, and figuratively. But, of course, he didn't know this yet.

He would soon though; just a matter of time.

But then, they stopped. In the middle of the path, was a huge waterfall.

They turned around, but there was absolutely nothing familiar to them. It was as if the path had suddenly disappeared under their noses.

"Simon, Where are we?" Ells asked, her voice shaking slightly.

"I-I'm not exactly sure..." He said, his computer-coded brain calculating the answers to a possible escape plan.

"What the heck is that?!" Violet yelled at him, as she was immediately shushed by Simon.

Just in front of the waterfall was a tiny, blue creature. The tiny blue creature growled, sending the ground shaking. The group fell to their feet, before the earthquake ended.

"The Distortions' disguise their habitat into something made out of that element. For example, an Aika Distortion would have a world made out of complete Fire Magic. A Mizu Distortion-"

"Is a giant waterfall..." Ells muttered under her breath.

"Exactly. The path to the kingdom should be on the other side, but without destroying the Mizu Distortion, there is absolutely no way we will be getting there..." Simon whispered to us.

"Is there anyway we can just fly to the other side?" Dimitry asked. Simon shook his head sadly.

"We are stuck here, in a place called a Labyrinth. That's what the Distortions do... Make a Labyrinth, and stay there until they die or are killed. Imagine a cage. You'll never be able to escape the cage, unless somebody unlocks the door." He said, as the others looked at him with terror.

They had to kill the most cutest creature... cuter then anything the Sectors can ever try to manage...