Chapter 71: Simon and the Counterpart

Ells' POV
What was that all about? I thought that most of the BCC units would be military style fight to-the-death robots, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

There was an awkward silence between all of us. Usually I would go and try to break the ice between us, but now... I wasn't sure what to do, what to say...

It was like my eyes were open for the first time to everything that was happening around me. The sights, the sounds...

"You know, I want to say something... This whole time, I had kept my guard up. I did not know what to expect from other humans. Humans besides Ells, that is... I was wrong for trying to get you all out of the way. Without you, I'd probably fail at trying to bring Ells home. I... apologize..." Simon said, looking at my friends, the Guardians of Magic, with something besides order and instruction.

Surprisingly, Astrid was the one to walk up to Simon. After a few seconds of intense eye contact, Astrid smiled, and held his hand out for Simon to shake.

"Let's start over," He said, "And work together as a team. As friends."

Simon shook his hand, smiling bigger then I have ever seen him smile. "Yes! Great, great friends!"

After that, we finally began to walk into the heart of the kingdom Ellusia. BCC units crowded every corner of the cobblestone pathway. We all looked around with awe. There were buildings towering high into the sky. Along with all of the advancements in this kingdom, it seemed to have this enlightenment feeling towards it.

As we continued moving through the bustling streets, we started to hear a voice. A voice that clearly stood out through all of the other BCC voices.

Simon stood dead still. Sooner or later, the voice, and the source of which it came from, stood still as well.

"14? I-Is that really you?" The other robot said in a slightly British voice...

"Hey there 27." Simon said.

"Hello there!" I said, as we all went and said our hellos to Simon's female counterpart. Well, at least, that what it looked like. Red and green eyes, white hair put into a ponytail, the same robot look and outfit (minus the cloak)... They could be twins...

"Wow, 14. You did it... you really did it!" She said, as she went over and hugged him. But the hugging was quick. Really quick.

"Eww! This lovey dovey reunion is making me sick..." Violet said, cringing, crossing her arms uncomfortably.

"Well, what's wrong with it?" Dimitry asked her, as he uncrossed her arms from her chest.

"What's wrong with it? It's disgusting! I'm not getting into that. Count me out!" Violet said, crossing her arms once more.

"Aww, come on Vi..." Dimitry said, uncrossing her arms once more, "Not even once?" He asked.

He continued to interfere, but Simon finally got everyone's attention.

"27 and I have agreed to let you guys explore Ellusia until it reaches third-quarter. We'll all meet back at the front of the castle by then."

"Okey dokey! Wait, what's third quarter?" Hunter asked, confusingly.

"Well, BCC units don't tell time like humans do. You'll know the time by the sound of the chimes." 27 said, chuckling. She was just like Simon. Man, this is creepy!

"Alright! I'm off then!" Hunter said, immediately running off to the direction of a big circle building. It looked like something that belonged in outer space!

"So, where's everybody else going to go?" Astrid asked.

Dear god, they're a lot of buildings! Where am I going to go?! So much to do! So little time!