Chapter 9 ~ What's Next?

Skylar had her things packed and ready to go in about five minutes. Really this wasn't much of an accomplishment because all she had one weeks worth of clothes, her weapons, and some random newspaper clippings.

'Finally, hunting as an occupation. Talk about livin' the dream...' She walked outside and dropped her bag in the back of the Impala and carefully set down her weapons bag.

"Ready? We need to leave before the cops get here," Dean says, closing the trunk of the Impala.

"Yeah, just-- where's my guitar?" Now Skylar remembers her guitar was in the bed of her truck. "Great." She can hear sirens in the distance.

"Um, guys, we really need to go. Like, right now," Sam adds.

"Yep," Dean agrees, climbing into the driver's seat.

"So, what's next?" Skylar asks.

"We're gonna take you home," Dean states.

"Really? Where's that?" Skylar asks rhetorically.

"I was hoping you would be cooperative and tell us."

"Well... good luck with that."

"Look kid, if you're not gonna tell me, we can go to the police and have them check for missing kids matching your description."

"You're gonna go into a police station and tell them you picked up a complete stranger, who's of age by the way, and ask them to see if they've been reported missing? I see four things wrong with your plan already."

"Yeah? And what would those be?" he asks annoyed.

"One, I'm of age and left of my own free will. Two, my mother wouldn't have reported me missing. She didn't care about me. Three, if you're a hunter, I'm assuming you also have a bunch of outstanding warrants. You really want to risk that?"

"That's three things genius," Dean smirks.

"Even if you manage not to get arrested, do you really think I'm gonna be cooperative when you hand me over to the police?"

"So what do you suppose we do with you?" Sam asks.

"Let me come with you."