Chapter 3 ~ Followed

'Who the hell were those guys? The short one was a real ass. Kinda attractive, but still an ass. How did they know Crowley?'

  Skylar finally reached the highway.

  'Where to next? I'm not staying in Louisiana, and I'm not going to back to Texas.'

  She passed a sign that said, 'You are now leaving St. Yvette- population 2,057. Come Back Soon!' which was copied underneath in French. 'I haven't been to Kansas in a while... I saw somethin' about a local haunting in Lawrence... I haven't been huntin' for a while now. It'll probably do me some good. Plus, it should take Crowley a few days to find me again... I'm just not ready to--'

  Her thoughts were interrupted by a flash of headlights. Skylar couldn't make out the model.

  'I'm way too paranoid. It's probably just someone else trying to get out of this town.' Even so, Skylar couldn't help but look back at the car every once in a while.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

*Two hours later*

'I should probably stop to eat soon, I can sleep in the truck once I find an empty lot...'

  She parks at a McDonald's around 2 A.M. Inside, she orders chicken and fries and sits down near the window.

  Looking out the window, Sky let's out a whistle of appreciation. 'Wow, is that a sixty-seven Chevy Impala? It's in really good shape... Wait a second...'

  Almost as if on cue she hears them.

  "I'd like three Big Macs and two large fries with a Coke."

  "Thank y--"

  "Dude, aren't you gonna order anything?"

  "Dean, you just orded three burgers."

  "Yeah, those are for me."

  Skylar turns to see the taller one roll his eyes at the one she assumed was Dean.

  'I gotta get outta here,' she thinks as she rushes back to her truck.