Chapter 18 ~ Searching

The boys got the trunk into the Impala and Sam grabbed a local listings map to see how to get to Reggie's.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

  Skylar walks through the feilds, slightly crouching down as she walks. 'How am I gonna find him? He could be halfway around the world... Stupid angel teleportation...' Suddenly, a large shadow fell over Skylar, and she spins around, eyes wide.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

  By the time the brothers found the diner, it was almost two in the afternoon. Sam parked the car and they got out of the Impala. After sitting down inside the restaurant, Dean looks out the window while Sam looks at the menu.

  "How about some burgers?" Sam asks.

  "No, thanks."

  Sam looks at his brother in surprise 'Since when does Dean not want to eat?' "Hey, look. They have apple pie!"

  "Not hungry," Dean mutters.

  "You okay, dude?" Sam says, worried.

  "Yeah, fine," he says avoiding eye contact with his brother.

  "Are you sure? You're acting kind of weird..."

  Still avoiding eye contact, "I said I'm fine," he snaps.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

  Skylar looks up at the large figure standing over her, and is relieved to see that it's Butch. "Hey big guy. Feel up for a ride?"

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

  Back at the diner, Sam ordered five burgers and a pie. The waitress who served them seemed very anxious, but was kind towards Sam. "Here ya' go boys. Five quarter-pounders and our special apple pie."

  Dean was still staring out the window. "Thank you, miss..." Sam says.

  "Rease Cartwright."

  "'Rease,' huh.. that's an interesting name," Sam continues.

  Dean rolls his eyes. 'You are a horrible flirt, little brother. I'm disappointed,' he thinks. But this thought didn't distract him from thinking about Castiel and Skylar.

  “It's short for Teresa, actually. My grandmother called me Rease," the waitress explains.

  "Well, the food looks delicious, Rease," Sam adds.

  "Are y'all gonna eat all that by yourselves?" she asks, all attention focused on Sam.

  "We're waiting for some friends."

  "Oh. Well enjoy your food." Rease smiles sweetly at Sam before walking behind the counter.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

  Skylar and Butch gallop through the large corn feilds searching for any sign of the missing angel.