Chapter 14 ~ Introductions

After breakfast Skylar got back into the driver's seat.

  "Are we there yet?!" Dean asks for the ninth time.

  “Are you done complaining yet?" Skylar asks, slightly annoyed.

  "No!" Dean responds like a child.

  "Then we're not there yet," she snaps.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

  By the time they got to Skylar's grandfather's ranch, it was almost eight o'clock.

  "Hey Dean."

  "Yeah?" he says bored.

  “We’re here."

  "Finally!"

  The Impala up in front of the gate and Skylar honked the horn. Skylar gets out and looks at the boys. "Wait here." She walks up to the gate.

  A man walks out to see Skylar and runs out to open the gate and gives her a hug. She talks with him for a moment and he opens the gates wide enough for the Impala to fit through. Skylar walks back to the Impala and pulls into the driveway connecting to a small house.

  “Who was that guy?" Dean asks nosily.

  “Spencer," she answers without a real explanation.

  "Boyfriend?" he asks.

  “Nope."

  "Ex?" Sam asks, proving to be just as nosey as his older sibling.

  “Cousin," she mutters, rolling her eyes.

  "Oh," the brothers say simultaneously.

  "So, what's the plan?" Castiel asks, speaking up. "I mean, are we just going to walk in  there and say, 'Oh hey, why did you have an angel sword?'"

  “No, I'm going to talk to him and you guys aren't going to interfere... Oh, and, umm, stay away from Butch," Sky adds.

  "Who's Butch?" Sam asks, frowning.

  "You'll see. Come on."

  The four of them climb out of the Impala and walk toward the porch. Without knocking, Skylar walks right into the house and instructs the three men to sit down. A woman sits at the desk and starts talking without looking up.

  "Welcome to Gramps' Ranch, what is the name of your party?"

  "Carlise..." Skylar smirks.

  The woman abruptly jumps up and runs around the desk to hug Skylar. "Skylar! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"

  “No. I'm on break, and I thought it'd be nice to see you guys!" she lies.

  "Is your mother with you?" her aunt asks.

  "Umm, no. My, umm, cousins drove me down here."

  “Well they're not mine..." her aunt jokes, looking at the tree men.

  "Cousins from Jacob's side," Skylar 'explains'.

  “Oh, of course," she replies.

  "Oh, um. Denny, this is Sam, Dean, and Dean's boyfriend Cas. Boys, this is my Aunt Denise."

  Sam tries not to laugh at her boyfriend comment, and smiles at Skylar's aunt. "It's nice to meet you, ma'am."

  Dean and Castiel are glaring at Skylar as they shake hands with Denise. Skylar continues to smirk at them.

  "Where's Gramps?" Skylar asks, still chuckling at Cas and Dean.

  "He's with a group of city folk- trynna' teach 'em to ride... He might be a while," Aunt Denise explains politely.

  Skylar smiles. "Sure, I'll just show these boys around."

  "Yeah, go ahead."

  “Thanks Denny," Skylar says, leading the guys outside*

  “Boyfriend?!" Dean and Castiel speak simultaneously.

  Both Sam and Skylar laugh as they walk down the porch steps.