Chapter 16 ~ Suicidal or Somethin'

Skylar led the guys through the western corn feild, and brought them to a large barn.

  "This is Gramps' barn-house." She starts to open the door, but hesitates. "Before we go in, we need to set some ground rules. One, since Dean is incapable of listening, you get to stand watch."

  "But I-" Dean protests.

  "Secondly," she cuts him off, "no demonic or angelic stuff. Nothing supernatural whatsoever. My grandfather has some weird security issues, so I don't know what weird booby traps he'll have."

  "Then I guess I'm staying out here with Dean," Cas adds. Dean starts to grin stupidly, but catches himself.

  "Just leave whatever it is out here," Skylar shruggs.

  "I can't really leave my Grace outside," Castiel explains.

  “Your what?!" Sky asks with wide eyes.

  "My Grace. I'm an ang-"

  "No, no I caught that!" she yells. She turns to Dean and Sam. "Are y'all crazy?! You two live with an angel! Y'all suicidal or somethin'?! Why?! Why? Why?"

  "It's not that big of a deal!" Sam explains trying to calm her down. "He doesn't work for the big guy upstairs."

  "They can't be trusted!" she protests.

  "Hey! I can hear you!" Cas interjects, but Sky ignores him.

  Dean speaks up. "Sky, I promise you, he's not dangerous. I mean, we're not in danger. Put him in front of a couple of other angels and he's ferocious."

  Skylar looks carefully at Castiel. "Fine. But he stays out here... Sam, you're with me. Don't touch anything." She turns the doorknob, and Sam follows her in.

  The first thing Sam notices is all the taxidermies on the walls. Deceased deer, geese, and duck bodies hang in 'natural' positions all over the barn room.

  "Wow," he says, examining the room.

  "What?"

  "It's just... all the interesting... umm... decorations," he says.

  "Yeah, Gramps takes pride in his 'trophies'," she replies.

  “I can tell."

  Skylar walks over to a ladder on the north side of the room. "Wait here."

  About two minutes later, Skylar calls out, "Hey Sam, I'm gonna push this trunk down the ladder. Think you can catch it?"

  "Yeah, sure." Sam grabs the small trunk and Skylar climbs down the ladder.

  Skylar smirks. "He won't even notice it's gone."