Chapter 11 ~ Angel Blade

After everyone ate dinner, Kevin shows Skylar around the Men-of-Letters Bunker.

  “And this is the library," he says, walking into another large room.

“Are these in Enochian?" she asks, pulling out one of the books to examine it.

  “Uh, yeah. You read Enochian?" he asks. 

  "I'm not fluent, but I have a basic knowledge of the language," she says. She sets the book down and walks over to some pictures on the wall. "Who are these people?"

  "Oh, those are our 'fallen warriors.' The Men-of-Letters, John Winchester, Bobby Singer, and so on," Kevin explains.

  Skylar looks closer at the different pictures. Looking at John she shudders, reminding her of Azazel.

  "I'll show you to the guest room," Kevin says.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

*The next morning*

  Skylar wakes up to the sounds of gunshots and yelling. She grabs her blade and runs into the library. Entering the room, Skylar sees Dean yelling at a computer screen-- both him and Kevin have a controller in their hands.

  "You really suck at this game, dude," Kevin laughs.

  "You wanna play with real guns? Let's see who'll win then," he huffs out in frustration, before noticing Skylar's in the room. "Oh, mornin' Skyl-- why do you have an angel sword?" he asks abruptly.

  "Because I heard gunshots and thought y'all were under attack, so I came to help. But really it was just your stupid video game," she says, shaking her head.

  "Okay... but why do you have an angel blade?" he asks again.

  "I just told you. I--"

  "No. How did you get it?" he clarifies.

  "It was with the journal in my grandfather's attic. I don't know how he got it," she explains.

  Kevin and Dean share a look, that Skylar assumes is confusion.

  "Is it somehow significant?" she asks. "What?"

  "I need to talk to Sam and Cas," Dean says to Kevin. 

  "Dean, what’s so important? It's a knife. So what?" Skylar asks again.

  "You know your grandfather well?" Dean questions.

  "Yeah..." she replies.

  "Why would he need a weapon that's powerful enough to kill angels, hellhounds, seraphs, and demons?"

  "He... he wouldn't."

  "Then why did he have it?"

  Skylar opens her mouth to speak, but closes it when she realizes she doesn't have an answer.

  "I think we need to visit your grandfather," Dean suggests, setting down his game controller.