Chapter 5 ~ Daddy Issues

As Skylar entered her hotel room, she could almost feel the tension in the air. Cautiously, she pulls her gun out of its holster and raises at eye level.

  "I know you're here."

  She walks towards the closet door. A strong smell musk hung in the air.

  "I'm armed. Come out with your hands behind your head," she yells, kicking in the closet door.

  "Dammit Dean, she could probably smell you!" the taller of the two says, stumbling out of the closet.

  The closet door opens and the Winchester brothers walk out,  hands behind their heads.

  "I told you we should have brought the guns," Dean says, glaring up at his partner.

  "Now, would you like to tell me who y'all are, and why the hell y'all are followin' me?" Sky snaps.

  "We think you might be in danger," the taller man says.

  "From what?" she asks suspiciously.

  "Crowley," the men speak simultaneously.

  "So ya'll follow a complete stranger from Louisiana to Kansas and hide in a motel closet, to tell me something I- obviously, already know? Then what? You wanna... protect me from Crowley?" she pauses. "I don't think y'all thought this through."

  Both the boys are stunned into silence. 

  "Look, it's a nice thing y'all are tryin' to do, but I can handle myself. Now please get out of my room."

  "I don't think you understand what Crowley is capable of," Dean says calmly.

  "I know exactly what he is capable of. Now please leave me alone," she snaps.

Sam and Dean reluctantly leave the room, but check-in to the room next to Skylar's.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

*9 P.M.*

  Skylar gets into her truck and drives to 485 Robintree. She grabs her EMF meter and bag of 'supplies' and walks to the back door. Quickly picking the lock, she begins to search the house. Finally, the EMF meter leads her to a room upstairs. The room appears to be empty, until a voice speaks from behind her. 

  "Who are you?"

  "I could ask you the same thing..." she replies, slowly turning around.

  "Well, I asked first."

  "Good for you," she sneers.

  The light flickers on and Skylar looks at the man slumped in the corner. He had dark hair and his eyes glowed bright yellow.

  "I'm gonna assume you're the one that's responsible for all the spooky happenings 'round here," Skylar says.

  "You caught me," he shruggs with a smirk. "Now what?"

  "Now I go back to my original question: Who are you? And also, why are you here?"

  "Guess."

  "Sorry, I don't like trivia games," she mutters sarcastically. 

  "Name's Azazel, and I'm here because I'm waiting for someone. Actually, more than one someone."

  "Why here?"

  "I'm sentimental."

  Skylar hears two pairs of feet. Stepping back, so she can still see Azazel, she points her gun at the open door. The men from the motel come running in.

  "What the hell ar--" Skylar starts.

  "You hav--" Dean interrupts.

  "Dad?" Sam gasps, stopping both Sky and Dean.

  The room suddenly becomes silent. Azazel looks at the boys. Dean's eyes widen.

  "Yellow eyes..." Sam growls.