CHAPTER 20

THE RETURN OF LOST LOVE

CHAPTER 20

Siya was busy dusting her almirah, some of her things were scattered all over the place. She was quite sure that Abhi was not home and she could dust her room in peace without thinking about Abhi, or any 'what if's'?
She changed the curtains, bed sheets, covers, dumped her clothes for laundry - which she was going to do herself. It took her whole 3 hours to be done with all the chores of the room.  After she was done she finally pulled a big box from under the table and opened it carefully. She smiled.  There were some wrappers of chocolate, few movie tickets,  tissue papers with cheesy line, etc. She smiled with tears when she saw a stack of photographs. Abhi loved to click her and she loved to click them.  First of them was a picture where Siya was looking horrified and Abhi was soothing her, that picture was when they went on double date with Aruna and Hiten and she got scared of a clown. Another one was where Abhi was strumming the guitar and his eyes were closed. It was during the practice of annual day and Siya managed to click it for herself. Another was the group picture of their batch where Abhi was possessively stood near her. She laughed in tears remembering his possessiveness for her.  Another one was them cuddling on his dorm bed. She was in reverie. With a painful sigh she threw herself on bed and keep going with the pictures of them and friends.  She threw every picture all over the bed,  she felt like she was again in her paradise until she heard the front door getting unlocked.

"Siya? Are you home? " she heard Abhi's voice. Oh god! She's doomed now,  She thought.
She hurriedly grabbed everything and started thrusting them into the box.

"Yes, I'm in my room. Just a minute," she replied panicking.
She heard his footsteps coming closer and as the door burst opened she straightened herself and nervously chuckled.

"Umm,  Hi. Welcome home, "she said and took a deep breath.

"What were doing? " he suspiciously asked.

"No- nothing, just dusting and all. You came soon today? " she asked him again calming her nervous.

"You're acting weird. And yes, I was feeling a bit tired today," he said unbuttoning few buttons of his shirt, he threw his tie in her room and roamed his eyes around.

"You should rest today. Go,  I will bring some tea for you, " she said almost dragging him out of her room.

He eyed her suspiciously, something was off with her. What's so important in her room that she was not letting him in today? May be it's something personal , oh he was getting so mad!

Soon after getting freshen up abhi came around in kitchen where the refreshing smell of tea was waiting for him to be gulped. He smiled thankfully to Siya and started sipping it.

"I have something important to tell," Abhi smiled brightly.
Siya's ear perked up to hear the news,"What is it?"

"Our reunion party is next week. I called everyone from our class. I want to know more... " he trailed putting his cup down on the table.

Siya's hand dropped down,  her body suddenly tensed, "Reunion you say?  As in our school mates'reunion,".

"What else was I referring to?" he put the cup in sink. Turning around he saw Siya standing rooted at her place.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked cautiously.
Siya looked up feeling his eyes on her and shook her head vigorously, nervously chuckling," Oh no!  Nothing's wrong, infact it's great idea. I missed our school days too".

She hurriedly went out of the apartment, little did Abhimanyu knew something was definitely wrong.

*******
Dear readers,
Thank you all for being patient with my story.